Hello!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hello!!

PEC54
07-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Soooooooooooooooo ah; hows everybuddy doin ? Lifes to short ,lets go fishin.
The canals been good with the spey rod lately ,lots of BIG sand eels.:hihi:. I was hoping to make big brother day this year ,but the wife made plans ,it's a good thing she usually treats me right or I would really tell her where she could go:chuckle: Hows the flats been fishin ,one of these days mid week I will make it out there. Juro that Beulah rod sounds interesting, I'm totally hooked on 2 handers, I now have 7 wt. up to 10/12 wt. spey and overhead .Ah so many rods and only 2 hands to use em.

juro
07-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Big sand eels in the canal? Sounds interesting.

I have commitments today with family, otherwise I would head down there NOW.

I am up to my eyeballs right now but have a bunch of lines set aside to try on this rod. Probably go the football field route for starters since I have the Big Brother event tomorrow.

Warren
07-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Paul,

The flats this weekend were pretty dead at Monomoy, Water temp is 80 degrees. There were a few fish in the channel by Morris Island. Of course Juro was the one who hooked up. There are some fish around, but for the most part I would say it is slow at Monomoy. Bay side? I don't know for sure.

FredA
07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Only fished the bayside Sunday. Lousy tides. High incoming had nice fish around but only managed a couple of frustrating bumps. Went back for the drop between noon and 2 and didn't see any lifeforms aside from beachgoers. It's the dawn, dusk and night time of the year. Nice tides next weekend for the dawn patrol but I may have to go to NY. Such as the season has been for me.

Where are all the rats?