Early morning at Waquoit [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Early morning at Waquoit

Aaron
08-15-2000, 11:30 AM
I've only ever fished Waquoit during daylight hours, so just park at the State Beach lot. I've noticed the adjacent road is covered in 'No Parking' signs. I want to try some dawn patrol fishing here, but I'm not sure where to park. Any suggestions on where to park prior to the opening of the State Beach lot?

Thanks,

Aaron

i'm so outta here
08-15-2000, 03:10 PM
I spoke to the town clerk at Mashpee town hall. He says the gates to the state lot are left open. The only rules are that you not fish within the roped off swim areas (not an issue), that you not clean fish on the life guard stations (self evident to people with an ounce of consideration), and that you must be out of there by 8:30 AM.

JohnM
08-15-2000, 03:45 PM
Al:

What happens if you are in the lot after 8:30am ?? I assume that you just must pay for parking for the day or something like that ?? A $15 dollar ticket might be worth extra shots at Albies and Bones.........

John

Aaron
08-15-2000, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info!
I can't imagine someone cleaning a fish on the lifegaurd stand... well, with some of the folks that are out there, maybe I can. Too bad that's even an issue.

The 8:30 am deadline sounds like one I'll likely miss if there are fish around, but thanks for the heads up. If I do miss this deadline I'll let you know the penalties.

Now I just have to arrange some time off and decent weather, all at the same time.

Aaron

i'm so outta here
08-15-2000, 05:28 PM
>What happens if you are in the lot after 8:30am ??

Not sure. Perhaps a ticket, perhaps a tow. I wonder if leaving $2 in an envelope tucked under your wiper blade would do it? It's a long, long walk back just to "plug the meter."