Bayside Vacation Fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bayside Vacation Fishing

FredA
06-26-2008, 07:11 AM
One small keeper Sat am, one 20 something skoolie Sun am then the old skunkeroo. Admittedly things have conspired against me so that I havn't had a chance to fish the flood with focus but those that do are finding it tough with spooky fish. What's bewildering/troubling is the absense of small fish. There are nice fish around. The early morning drop has had ideallic conditions that usually bring fish tight to shore and, if nothing else, you'd be annoyed by little fish. Hope things take a turn.

BTW there's tons of bait.

Penguin
06-26-2008, 11:54 AM
The long over-sand ride back to the parking area in the back of Fred's pick-up after we got evicted from the phlatz by the first of a conga line of BIG thunder storms! :D

My feet-wet fishin' day started at a civilized 0645 attacking the drop with a small seafood buffet...
DefenseCrab and a SandLance tyed on a dropper...
Tons of bait!
There were fish to spot but they were absolutely paranoid schizo and would spook if I even looked at them! :Eyecrazy:
Two bumps in three+ hours...
I began to question what I was doing wrong and realized that my flyz and fishin' must really SUCK...
but, after taking into account that Formidable Fred and the Simms Fish Magnet were having the same dismal luck...
I decided NOT to burn all my gear just yet! :roll:

Except for the 10 gazillion volts of electricity in those lightning strikes, it was a quiet and challenging day on the phlatz in Fredville! :hihi:

FredA
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Ah yes. It was great to see Pete out getting some veetimin D. I was thinking "he only comes out at nite", would have that pasty look with blood trickling down his chin. I was hoping Pete's presence would trigger a pheeding phrenzy on the phlood like one we had 5 or 6 years ago.

bonefishmon
06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't have recognized him in those fancy pscrubs!

Phil

Penguin
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't have recognized him in those fancy pscrubs!

Phil

Me neither!... Who is that guy?! :confused:
What?! NO Orvus Ascot???!!! :roll:
That's when John Morin was giving me "phlatz phashion advice"... :razz: :hihi:
Fredmeister...That was a good day...suicidal phish on a mission! :D

jfbasser
06-27-2008, 01:09 PM
One small keeper Sat am, one 20 something skoolie Sun am then the old skunkeroo. Admittedly things have conspired against me so that I havn't had a chance to fish the flood with focus but those that do are finding it tough with spooky fish. What's bewildering/troubling is the absense of small fish. There are nice fish around. The early morning drop has had ideallic conditions that usually bring fish tight to shore and, if nothing else, you'd be annoyed by little fish. Hope things take a turn.

BTW there's tons of bait.

Elbows are migrating to the Biceps

Stevo
06-28-2008, 04:30 AM
From my side of the pond, I keep hearing stories of skittish fish this year from both the 'Brit invasion' and the locals... what's the deal d'ya reckon!? Warmer water perhaps? Too many anglers? Fish wisin' up?