Rip Trip or Mid-South Monomoy, Saturday/Sunday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip or Mid-South Monomoy, Saturday/Sunday


jimS
06-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Optimistically the weather appears ok for trips this weekend to both venues. While the rip can and probably will be eipic, there is a stretch up to the upper end os S. Monomoy that holds big fish. I was there last week and lost the biggest fish of my life sightfishing. It came unbuttoned.

Thus two options, and this time of year it can be epic, or just mediocre. Tides are increasing somewhat after the full moon with an 8 a.m. low and afternoon high. Both tides and if weather permits, should be a fun outing

Capt. Keith needs 10 guys @ $50 each to make the trip. It's a 7 a.m. departure and pickup at 5 p.m.

Post here for commitment. Veterans will vouch for this - one of the best venues on the map for stripers.

Sunday would be a backup date in case of inclement weather on Saturday.

Splake
06-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Jim, count me in for Saturday. I can't commit to Sunday if the trip fails over.

striblue
06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Jim, I am In for Saturday and Sunday.

CSJ60
06-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Jim, Saturday or Sunday works.

highway61
06-17-2008, 08:10 AM
If it ends up on Sunday, you can count me in.

Steve

striblue
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Current List :

1) Simms
2) Striblue
3) Splake
4) CSJ60
5) highway61
6) PEC54
7) FishHawk
8) Gseries69

PEC54
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm in need of a RIP TRIP fix.:hihi:

PEC54
06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
I can make it only on Saturday.

striblue
06-17-2008, 11:21 AM
We also need to look to the end of the Month as well with those max tides.... I would think we can try for several trips if we can get numbers and if we can get, Mon and tues, or fridays as well...

FishHawk
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm in for Saturday. FishHawk:smokin:

Gseries69
06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm in for either day and noted the 7:00AM departure time. Can someone PM me on flies I should bring. Will be my first time out to the rip.

striblue
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I will bring my son if the numbers don't get to 10...that will make 9 as we stand right now.

jimS
06-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Here is the attendees for a Saturday trip:
CSJ60
Striblue
striblue -son
JimS
Splake
PEC54
Gseries69
FishHawk
JimD

One more and we have a quorum (10).

Polareyes and Highway61 can make only Sunday. I believe Rooster is also available for Sunday. A couple of others are available during the week, FredA and Vtloon.

FishHawk
06-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Gseries69 use your Brewester Flats flies. They will be fine . It's usually sandeels.
I'm sure there will be some bunker around. FishHawk

Gseries69
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks FishHawk.

JimD will be joining me as well. He should confirm shortly. I think he is checking to see if JeffD can make it first.

striblue
06-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Jim, can you confirm that it's $50 for the south point for 10 guys, but what is the cost for the 1/2 down trip...not $50 right? I will call keith.

highway61
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
JimS did you suggest that there might be a weekday rip trip next week? If so, count me in. Anyday next week is fine except Monday.

Steve

JimD
06-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Confirming Gseries69 note, I would like to join the Rip Trip this Sat. There will just be myself as my son can't make it.

My first time so I look forward to it.

JimD

FishHawk
06-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Looks like the Sat Rip trip is a go. Jim can you confirm this. FishHawk

striblue
06-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Bill, I called Jim Last night and will also call him tonight, I am in Plymouth today and after Golf I will drive to Chatham early eve...I will call you. I am a bit concerned about the forcast of SW winds 10 to 15... with that increase in humidity... which will crank those winds up probably.

jimS
06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Still at 9 committed to the Saturday Rip Trip. Ideally, we need one more person to make it 10, or we will have to kick-in a an additional $5.50 per person for a total of $55.50 each.

Current forecast is for SW winds 10-20. If it heats up in the afternoon with additional gusts, pickup on the west side of S. Monomoy is difficult. I'll post early evening on Keith's assessment of the weather forecast. If it is a go, we will leave at 7 a.m. with a pickup at 4 or 5 p.m.

If the trip is cancelled, the options include S. Beach or N. Monomoy.

jimS
06-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Rip Trip is cancelled due to strong SW winds predicted for Saturday. Anything over 20 inhibits landing on the west side of S. Monomoy. In a discussion with Capt Keith, he suggested that the west side of N. Monomoy is an option. That trip will depart 8 a.m., for those interested. Sorry for the incovenience, but wind tends to be our nemesis when scheduling trips to the rip.

Splake
06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Jim, are you still looking to schedule a trip during the week? If so, as of now my schedule permits for another attempt any day except for Monday.

highway61
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Jim....What about Sunday?

striblue
06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
This has always been a problem...if we can get 10 guys during the week we should try to pull it off.... Scheduling them too far apart is not good because of the cancellations....Jim and I will speak with Keith. On Monday, I will post a sign up sheet for days during the week....also, I had mentioned those favorable tides between June 27 and July 2 or 3... we should try to find enough guys for a series of schedules during that time. On Monday, I will set up a post for people to post their availability...from that I will then start a schedule.

PEC54
06-21-2008, 01:10 AM
To bad the rip trip is cancelled, I was looking forward to it.:frown: I 'll wait for the next one ,the west side of N.Monomoy just don't do it for me.