Late Spring In The Northwest: Reports? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Late Spring In The Northwest: Reports?

Eric
06-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey, Guys and Gals,

By this time in the PNW there should be spring steelhead in many river systems -- Kalama, Washougal, Cowlitz, EF Lewis, Sandy, Clackamas to name but a few. Is anybody fishing? Is anybody catching?

We'd really like to know. Let's hear what's happening from those lucky enough to be on the water.

Cheers,

Eric

Leland Miyawaki
06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
At 7:00 AM, June 19, the fishgods of the Sky treated me to a dime-bright hatchery buck of approximately ten pounds. I would post a photo but then I wouldn't have caught the fish if I had had my camera.

Leland.

Eric
06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Congratulations on the buck! Good to hear the Skykomish is putting out some fish this Spring.

Having a camera is a really nice thing. One of those little digitals fits right into a vest pocket, ready and handy for use. I pretty much always have my digital single lens reflex with me when I fish -- I shorten the neck strap severely so that the camera sits high on my chest and out of the way. Learned that trick from a picture of Lee Wulff with his camera in the same place.

Again, thanks for the report. I was beginning to think Steelheadland was deserted.

Cheers,

Eric

juro
06-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Leland -

As if I wasn't psyched enough about my upcoming visit - now I am totally pumped. Hope there will be some saltchuck activity by then as well.

Leland Miyawaki
06-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Leland -

As if I wasn't psyched enough about my upcoming visit - now I am totally pumped. Hope there will be some saltchuck activity by then as well.

This will get you totally psyched. Another fish was waiting for me in the Sky last evening.

See you soon,
Leland.