The Swimming Deer of Monomoy [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Swimming Deer of Monomoy

rooster
06-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Guys
I told a few of you about my last summers' trip with Heidi's boys. We were fishing on the NE end of N. Monomoy when the seagulls started to go beserk on the North end of the Island. A small buck was running at full speed to get off the island with about 30 seagulls chasing him. The buck jumped off the embankment on the N end of Monomoy and jumped into the water (and then swam to South Beach). He hit the water about 30 feet from on of the boys. I was able to get this all on film.
Check this out.
Cheers,
DK

rooster
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
After I told Walt this story he went to Colorado with me and tried to teach these two to swim. He was unsuccessful and they ended up on the grill!
Cheers,
DK:hihi:

Warren
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
MMMMM Tasty critter:D

jimS
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Dennis, another buck this week swam from Morris Island to North Monomoy and was wandering the flats there until I lost sight of him in the fog. Suspect he is heading to S. Monomoy where there is reportedly 14 does and no bucks. Now that would be a harem.

Adrian
06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Dennis, another buck this week swam from Morris Island to North Monomoy and was wandering the flats there until I lost sight of him in the fog. Suspect he is heading to S. Monomoy where there is reportedly 14 does and no bucks. Now that would be a harem.

He could have swum across to South Beach and saved himself a second swim:roll:

Typical male behavior when testosterone levels get out of control :hihi:

juro
06-10-2008, 09:01 AM
With the water temps being what they've been he's doing himself a favor until he gets there :lildevl:

Stevo
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I can remember, years ago now, some bulls crossing a stretch of water over in N. Carolina. I was out with my buddy, Capt Gordo, at the time. Strange what animals will do for greener grass or a sniff of *ussy! :D