Friday June 6 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Friday June 6

Warren
06-03-2008, 04:38 AM
I am thinking of fishing Monomoy or SB Friday, weather permitting. Is anyone gonna be around? Jim Simms? CSJ60? Striblue?

Capt'n Kieth I assume judging from the Mayors report of a rip trip, The Rip Ryder is in service and running smooth?

I may even stay over for a Yak adventure on Saturday as well. Who Knows what may happen

juro
06-03-2008, 07:32 AM
My gut says this is the weekend. Let's talk later in the week.

Guernseybass
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I am hoping to fish both sat & sunday, and Monday probably too - can't make Friday.

May stay down Sunday night not sure yet.

Gseries69
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Would love to join you guys on Friday if there's room, or at least have someone point me in the right direction. Headed down from VT Thurs night.

highway61
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Warren....I am planning on heading down to Chatham, hopefully out to SB or N.Monomoy on saturday.

Steve

Paxton
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Warren...weather permitting, I will be there Thursday and or Friday. Am anxious to try NM....also surf side on SB...wish I could fish both at the same time :-)
Ron

Warren
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Looks like I am gonna be there Friday Morning at the Rip Ryder unless the wind is howling, then I will seek protected waters. we shall see.

Gseries,
Site sponsor & Capt'n extraodinair Capt'n Kieth is the way we get to the refuge. http://www.monomoyislandferry.com/ click here for directions to the refuge parking lot and other information. I don't not know what he is charging this year, but for a nominal fee he gets us there & most days he even remembers to pick us up and gets us back safely:hihi:

If your there you are more than welcome to tag along.

Steve, I dunno if I am gonna stay over for Saturday or not. I'll send you a PM later

Ron, it would be good to see you again, hope things work out & Muther Nature does not throw a curve ball, or too bad of one anyway. I have a brand new Riptide on my 10wt that is begging for a sea trial:D

Rip Ryder
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Got word from some regulars the old "J" buoy still holds fish after all the changes.
Lots of fish yesterday, Monday, but serious case of lock jaw on most. Today not as many fish on the flat, but they were eating. Blues and Bass on the surf side.

Polareyes, make sure your father has his new "wheelchair" fully charged for the round trip to the J buoy. You may even want to think about buying him an electric air pump for Father's day to re inflate the tires after being on the sand. I don't think the ORV regs/closures pertain to his particular type of vehicle.

See you Friday Warren.

Capt Keith

polareyez
06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Keith,

The refuge already told The Old Man of the Sea that he needs to change his tires so they make less of an environmental impact. Don't tell him but for father's day I'm having the chair equipped with an ejector seat that will toss him up the stairs:chuckle: :chuckle:

See you this weekend, most likely Saturday.

Sean Juan
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
The area has fish - lots o' fish. Slow start but seems to be making up for it, not like the bonanza last year, but hey its a start.

I'll be fishing S Beach and N Monomoy Friday via yak "The Adonis of Dennis" needs to get his exercise somehow.

Warren
06-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Ahhh what a delightful surprise! We will be joined by the Cape Cod GodKing:hihi: :hihi: