Weekend Plans?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekend Plans??

FredA
05-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Wife's off to NYC to help my daughter decorate her new digs. So it's a bachalor weekend for me. I get to fish to my hearts content (aside from a run to the town hall for beach, dump and off road stickers).

So who's around on the cape and where are the fish?

juro
05-29-2008, 06:53 AM
My guess, without having been down yet this weekend ;) is

EVERYWHERE

http://marine.rutgers.edu/cool/show/?file=../regions/capecod/sst/noaa/2008/img/080529.150.1008.n15.jpg

petevicar
05-29-2008, 07:25 AM
My guess, without having been down yet this weekend ;) is

EVERYWHERE

http://marine.rutgers.edu/cool/show/?file=../regions/capecod/sst/noaa/2008/img/080529.150.1008.n15.jpg

that's just great now that I am back in Europe :frown: :frown: :frown:

I'll just have to open a bottle of 1982 Mouton Rothschild and toast absent friends and fish. A good havana will probably be burnt as well.:smokin:

I send you all best fishes.

Pete

FredA
05-29-2008, 07:37 AM
that's just great now that I am back in Europe

Ya, but the same was said about the clave weekend too.

Adrian
05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I'll be up Fred.

I plan to hit the road early a.m. for breakfast arrival at Sandi's tommorow (Friday).

I probably won't get out to fish until later since I have to at least give the appearance of working :hihi:

I will be checking out the worm hatch with the upcoming new moon. :smokin:

I'm staying in Chatham through Tuesday evening then headed across to MV for some new adventures, Wednesday through Sunday.

It's been a few years since I actually took a week off to go fishing but there is so much new water to check out, I will probably need another :lildevl:

FredA
05-29-2008, 08:25 AM
then headed across to MV for some new adventures, Wednesday through Sunday.

Catch & release tourney with the Canalflyrodders? Who's gonna be your team navigator? Will you be getting directions remotely from that fancy hotel Basser is staying in?

I may have to try swinging one of your GP's in the river Sunday evening (even though it a day or two before the new moon).

Guernseybass
05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
saturday looks a bust to me - weather underground forecasts T storms all day and the nantucket sound NOAA forecast looks like this :

SAT
S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS
UP TO 30 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.
SHOWERS LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS.

SAT NIGHT
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...
DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS IN THE
EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SUN
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT THROUGH EARLY
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS THROUGH EARLY
EVENING.

so saturday I'll stay home and wait for a break and fish locally :wink:

Sunday, looks fishable on the southside

Mark

juro
05-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Ya, but the same was said about the clave weekend too.

True, true - But the compare the pictures then/now. If you didn't feel the temps being a factor you have nads of steel.

As an aside we had phenomenal fishing at the clave and it made complete sense where/why.

I might try to sneak down... will give a call if I can.

Sean Juan
05-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll be around.

jfbasser
05-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Catch & release tourney with the Canalflyrodders? Who's gonna be your team navigator? Will you be getting directions remotely from that fancy hotel Basser is staying in?

I may have to try swinging one of your GP's in the river Sunday evening (even though it a day or two before the new moon).

Yup, smaller team this year. I am sure they will get lost afew times. At least they won't have to sleep 12 in a room:devil:

jfbasser
05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=FredA]Catch & release tour

FredA
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
At least they won't have to sleep 12 in a room

What happens on MV stays on MV.

Adrian
05-29-2008, 02:16 PM

I have no doubt the team will be under constant remote scrutiny. :tsk_tsk:

They were all over the G.P. during the last hatch. Plus, I came up with a new pattern that they really seemed to like last time. I want to give it a couple more "sea trials" before publication. :smokin:

JimW
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Weekend plans - If I get a chance to get out on the water - Same as last weekend works for me.

jimS
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Fred, based on the wind forecast for Saturday, I'll see you on the bayside. It has been hot and cold. Today, lots of sand eel pods. Few fish, but what were there, were nice. Based on the tides, how about breakfast at Grumps, about 8?

Warren
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I was thinking of coming down for a day, but it appears the wind will be a big factor in whether to drive three hours or not. I think I will sneak out a day or two next week.

FredA
05-29-2008, 06:35 PM
JimS, Gumpy's works for me. I may check out the creek early.

JimW, nice fish.

juro
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Jim -

What are the stats on that thing? Nice bright spring fish. Can you imagine that fish in October?

Guernseybass
05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I just read an interesting theory why the fishings poor on the southside - super massive shoals of bunker offshore in the sound is keeping the bass from having to scavenge eels, bait and crabs onshore.

true or not i wouldn't know.

its still schoolie central up here btw ;)

JimW
05-30-2008, 04:22 AM
It taped out at 41.5", don't know what it weighed ~30? but it was hefty. Yeah it would have been quite a bit fatter in the Fall. I've only been out twice this year but from my observations the bait is scarce for this time of year. What I've read is we're not seeing as much surface action as there should be right now, I think the strong winds have just blown the bait around. Wish I was out there right now as the weather looks better than tomorrow, but off to work I go.