Saturday am. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saturday am.

PEC54
05-21-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking a Saturday South beach excursion is in my sites this weekend, anyone else? I look forward to seeing those that can make it at the RipRyder. Though it will be a struggle:frown: I will keep the conventional at home and only bring the 2 hander.:chuckle:

striblue
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I plan on being at the ferry for the 8 am shuttle.... if we can get about 10 guys, I would love to set up a Rip trip on Sunday...I left Juro a message by Phone on his being down..so I expect to see a number of guys on Sat, Sun, and Mon.

jimS
05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Paul, see you Saturday. Calling for sun, so the outer beach could be the place.

Rip Trip on Sunday is a real possibility, depending on the number. I think Keith needs 10, but can take more. The price will be higher this year as a result of the gas price increase. Gas at the dock was $4.25 this week. In the UK, it is over $10 a gallon, not that it is a bargain here.

Stevo
05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
In the UK, it is over $10 a gallon, not that it is a bargain here.

Jim, diesel is 1:31 a litre (5 litres to a UK gallon roughly), which works out around $12.80 per gallon... almost time for a revolution I think! :mad:

Rip Ryder
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Stevo,
You just recovered my night for me. I just put diesel fuel in my truck to the sum of $4.90 a gallon, much better than $12.00 The good news is my engine just popped and broke in at the right time. 25,000 miles and I just gained 2 miles per gallon. 18 City 22 highway (75mph), so I'm sure it would be higher if I got off the pedal. I know, Damn Cops!!

Fuel at the gas dock as of Wed was $5.25 per gallon, so sure to be higher by this weekend.

I already have boat owners telling me it's cheaper to hire me to get to the beach vs firing up their own boats.

:Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: When will it stop?? No body knows!!! What a crock of Sh*t.

Telling Jim Simms today, I believe the rentals are up this year because it is cheaper for people to get their Cape fix in a weeks vacation vs. driving down multiple times throughout the season.

Capt Keith

Quentin
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
. . . :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: When will it stop?? No body knows!!! What a crock of Sh*t. . . . Capt Keith

Yep. The constant increase in fuel prices is bad enough, but then we also get to hear all about the record-setting profits being hauled in by the oil companies :mad: . According to a recent headline, the oil companies have a serious "problem": too much money! I bet all of George's big oil buddies look a lot like this --> :D

Q