HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!

doctorsteve
05-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Is anybody out there? Nobody is posting. C'mon guys, I need to live vicariously through your trips. Help a brother out...

Vince
05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
go extract some teeth.

doctorsteve
05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Aren't you due for another vacation? It's been at least 4 days since youv'e caught a bonefish...

Trevor B
05-08-2008, 06:49 AM
It does seem to have been very quiet around the forum for the past number of days, I am guessing most of the winter Bone fishing trips are over with and the Florida Tarpon fishing has not yet really started?
I would imagine that most are gearing up for or already visited their local Trout fishing streams. Like DoctorSteve I enjoy reading about everyoneís trips and experiences, itís a daily visit for me and keeps the fishing juices going until the Bass and Salmon fishing gets under way here in Nova Scotia.
Anyway I leave for the Yucatan in Mexico for my first Tarpon fishing experience next week so with some luck I hope to have a report and some pictures in a couple of weeks.
Thinking back over this last winter itís been a great one for trip reports and pictures, you really can live in some of these and feel the thrill of it all, great job everyone. 

Vince
05-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Trevor, where are you going? I'll be at Costa de Cocos on Saturday, in Xcalak.
Looing forward to fishing for some permit and tarpon.

Trevor B
05-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Vince
I'm going to Isla Holbox, about 2 hours of so north of Cancun. I leave on the 17th May.
There should be some big migratory Tarpon around, that's the plan.
If not I know there are always some smaller ones in the Mangroves and lots of Snook and a few Permit from what I hear.
Good luck on your trip be nice to hear all about it when you return.

Vince
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Make sure you post a report on the trip, or pm me--I am anxious to hear about that place--I've thought of going there, and I know Doctorsteve is interested too.

Trevor B
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I will post a report, let's hope I have something to report :)
Regardless I'm sure it's going to be a great week with some great guys and perhaps a few cervezas as well.
Have a great trip Vince :)

Mat M
05-09-2008, 04:58 AM
See you there Trev. I am a little excited about it.

Just got a couple of Xi2's through the door to put a bend in.

Report from last week was 2 100lb fish jumped so they are starting to show up. The baby T fishing has been good as well.

Pray for no wind!!

Mat

doctorsteve
05-09-2008, 10:11 AM
See, I keep mentioning that one. Maybe next year, Vince? I hear it's good Juneish, but I don't really know much about it. Can't wait to hear the report.

formula1
05-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll be headed down to the Keys on May 17th to do some tarpon fishing. I'll try to post a report when I get back.

Trucha
05-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I am heading to Vieques on May 21st. I will give a trip report once I get back.

Vince
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
excellent--vieques interests me also. as foes the keys.

hope everyone has a great trip--rip some lips!!

formula1
05-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I hear the tarpon are making a nice migration now...much better than last year. My guide says 2 days ago in KW he saw over 1,000 poons including a school of 300.