Rhody IceBreaker VII [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody IceBreaker VII

RayStachelek
05-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Thank You!

Weather wasn't great, but the fish were very co-operative. It didn't put a hamper on a great time. My wife and I would like to thank everyone for attending. Every event changes as time does go by. This year we lost Art Burton. John Basser is on the mend and couldn't attend. As each year brings changes in our lives, it impacts us in some ways. We seek and find solitude in our love ones, friends, and activities we love.
There is nothing like getting the gang together each year. We hope to see ya next year John, healthy as a canal mammal.

It seems the economy has deteriorated. More scarifies are made and less to go around. This year seems different though, we are finally seeing the reality hit all around us. We had Tim St. return safe and sound from protecting our country's interest overseas. Sorry!, He had to cancel at the very last minute. Would have been great seeing him on the water again enjoy the fruits of life. Jim Miller too had late change of plans. We were all anxiously waiting to see his great tying stuff. Some people come afar like Warren, who drove most of the morning and fish at sunrise from New Hamphire. Others like Tom Fay, Bill, and Jim came from Newburyport, Ma., while Phil came from Groton Ct. From all distances and directions, anglers have come every year. The economy may be down, but there was plenty of kindness and friendship to go around.

https://plus3.safe-order.net/castaflycharters//Rhody%20IceBreaker1.jpg

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
What a great time! Missed you John. Thanks again Ray and Elise. And thanks again Capt. Slinger and company, Mike Z. If you haven't had a chance to fish with Steve in his new boat, you may have get on a waiting list! Sean proved to all that the BIG fish are here. He may well have been a linesider in another life! Perhaps Ray will post the straightened hook photo. There are tons of fish available. Warren can attest! I was drooling over vtloon's Seacraft. Have a great Spring Clave guys. Looks like I'm stuck at work. Really good to see you again Fish Hawk.

Phil

mikez
05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Where's the pics?

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Mike. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send full size photos you can print from.

Phil

mikez
05-04-2008, 12:33 PM
PM sent
I was really more interested in seeing some posts and pics from the others.

striblue
05-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Phil.. I would be as equally interested in seeing your pics as I would the others...so send them if you can if you can't post them... and I thank you in advance for doing so.

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:15 PM
John. Here are a few.

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Slinger accepts his gift from the Captain to christen his new boat.

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:28 PM
It's the one and only Fish Hawk!

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
PM sent
I was really more interested in seeing some posts and pics from the others.

Some left their cameras in the truck for fear of them getting wet.

Phil

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Sean lost a BIG one. Hook straightened.

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Fish Hawks' new submersible next vtloon and Slingers boats.

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
WOW those hot dogs were good!

bonefishmon
05-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Mike Z will now post all the photos he took.

vtloon
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
As always, it was great to see and fish with old friends and meet new. It was cold and a bit wet, but when the fish are there, who cares. Fishhawk was tight on his 3rd or fourth cast! This is a great venue to shake out the kinks and get back into the flow; Ray and Elise's gracious hospitality make it special. (Thank you Elise for the bean recipe.) Made it all the way back to Vermont without hitting a single deer: fantastic! Boat towed well, but mileage went from 16 to 12.5 mpg....ouch.

Smcdermott
05-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Great time as usual. By far the best year we've had yet as far as fish counts go. Unfortunately I left my camera on the charger so no pictures to share. Although, I think Warren was too busy bailing fish to pose for a picture anyway :lildevl: . Big thanks to Captain Ray and Elise for the apre fishing hospitality. Those brownies were off the chains! Looking forward to a great season.

Sean

Warren
05-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Unfortunately I left my camera on the charger so no pictures to share. Although, I think Warren was too busy bailing fish to pose for a picture anyway :lildevl:
Sean
Great minds think alike! that is exactly where mine was Sean, charging on my desk!

bonefishmon
05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Yikes! Another fish?

RayStachelek
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Point of Correction:

Slinger's christening gift (pictured here) with a bottle of sparkling bubbly was the brain child of Pete (French Creek) Laviolette. Pete was going to fly in and surprise everyone at the IceBreaker but other events changed that. In his absents the bottle was gracious donated my Pete and the Cast a Fly Family.

Slinger is rapidly becoming a "Fishing Star in these locals" much like Jimmy Houston. He is thinking about changing his name to Steve Providence. He claims he won't kiss a fish but watch out for that finger. :hihi:

https://plus3.safe-order.net/castaflycharters//Slinger1

RayStachelek
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Group Shot courtesy of Phil.
Blow'in up for clearity!

https://plus3.safe-order.net/castaflycharters//Group%20Shot.jpg

Slinger
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Another hit for the Icebreaker! Everyone, Thanks so much. It appears that all had a most excellent time. I fished Fri -Mon in that crap for just a few and ended up losing a whole outfit overboard. My trusty TFO and it`s newline now sleep with fishes off Conimicut!
Slinger

bonefishmon
05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Here's a bigger shot of Steve. (hope this works)

Quentin
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey! A fish! I was beginning to wonder if you guys actually caught anything :hihi: .

Q