teton guide recommendations [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: teton guide recommendations

wallythekulak
04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
going to do some yellowstone/tetons tourism in august and wanted to see if anyone had any guide recommendations. i wouldnt mind doing some backcountry stuff for a few days. any thoughts?

edsly42
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
lot of guides around here float the rivers but Im not real familiar with many that do alot of backcountry guiding. a bit south of here are the wind river mtns, a huge area that has great backcountry fishing and alot of outfitters that will do horse-pack trips in there. that is probably worth looking into. if youre looking in the Jackson, wy area, I could recommend some guides for a guided day of off the beaten path streams but not many multi-day backcountry trips im aware of.

Rippin_Lips
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Try Jack Dennis guys. They will take you into the Park.

joebe
05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I fished with a guide set up by Greg Falk @ upstreamanaglers last July. The guides name escapes me. I was staying at the campground right downtown Jackson. Picked me up and dropped me off at my site, fed me. Fishing was great which always help the guide get a good review, but putting that aside these guys were very good.

josko
05-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Try Dave Barber at jacksonholeflyfishingtrips. Dave commutes betweern Salmon river (winter-spring) and Jackson Hole (summer-fall). I've fished the Salmon with him lots of times, and he is a truly exceptiuonal guide, IMHO.

wallythekulak
05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
thank you all for the ideas. in such a wonderful area, its prob hard to go wrong.