Thoughts and prayers for our good friend [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thoughts and prayers for our good friend

Adrian
04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
For those folks don't hang out on the "dark side" board (aka SOL Mass Forum), our good friend John Furze (JFBASSER) is going into hospital today for several weeks of aggressive chemothereapy to get his blood cell manufacturing system back into balance.

Those of us luck enough to fish with John appreciate his generosity and good humor and he will be missed by many at this years spring clave and other events around the Cape and the Big Ditch.

He will be monitoring the boards from hospital and I know he will appreciate everyones thoughts, prayers and best wishes along with detailed reports from our various fishing excursions as the season progresses.

God speed John and get mended a.s.ap.

flydoc
04-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Basser- hope this won't interfere with you making it to the Clave- wouldn't be the same without you, buddy. Get well soon, and leave the nurses blushing:lildevl:
Flydoc

Slinger
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I talked to John and left it up to him to break the news if he choose to. I don't make many friends and I count him as one of my best, my thoughts are with him every day. Can't wait to take him tuna hunting on the new ride.
Slinger

vtloon
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
John, I'm confident you'll spit in it's eye with a certain amount of dignity. Hope to see you on the water soon.

RayStachelek
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
JB,

We need you back as the number one canal rat.

Between you and slinger, your my best heckle when it comes to presentations.
Get well soon. I'll save you a front row seat.

FishHawk
04-23-2008, 05:35 AM
See you on the water when this is over John. FishHawk(Bill)

bonefishmon
04-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi John. Bummer. I'll second what Steve said and the ones I have I cherish. God speed to full recovery. See you on the water real soon. Looks like Steve won't need to use my rod this year. I think he may have bought five new ones!

Phil

striblue
04-23-2008, 08:17 AM
I am sure we will see you after your Hospital stay, my thoughts are with you and your family. I know you are a fighter will get though this...John

Smcdermott
04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
John,

Get well soon. Looking forward to seeing you on the front of Slinger's new ride this fall.

Sean

FrenchCreek
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi John, I'm praying that you get well soon. I hope to return this coming fall and maybe we can get out with Ray or Slinger. We only met once at a Hard Tail camp out several years ago when you showed me some of your Flatwing flies, but you are on my list of East Coast Buddies, even if Slinger says meeting you once was one times too many:hihi: