A Time to Fight... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A Time to Fight...

FredA
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
...and look forward to that 40#er on the fly or 50#er in the canal.

JF Basser was pretty adamant about keeping this off the fishing sites but the news is out on SOL so I think itís appropriate to advise his friends here that may not know. John enters Brigham and Women hospital today to begin treatment for a blood problem. Johnís keeping the proverbial stiff upper lip and is ready for the fight. He is concerned that his nasty disposition will make him a bad patient. We need to keep him happy with tales of fish and lies he can call you on (he will have his laptop).

Good luck John, looking forward to swinging a fly with you a year from now.

sean
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Crap I am sorry to hear that. Headed out now for some fishing and in your honor I put the fly rods back in the garage and am grabbing the 11 footer and the van staal :)

Get better soon!

-sean

juro
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey don't only guitar players from the rolling stones get such royal treatment? ;) ;)

Seriously Basser - get well and I'm sure you'll beat the migration to the punch.

striblue
04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I hope he does well... And I wish him and his family the best with this issue. I am thinking of him and I am glad he has his laptop with him. I expect to see him on the water when he gets back...

jfbasser
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Got to meet a few nurses so far:devil: I figure that I can hit the tail end of the migration with my custom SSU 11 footer and some new 12 inch sluggos:D

Warren
04-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I Hope you get better soon John.

Sluggos....snicker snicker:hihi: :hihi:

juro
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Well Basser I am sure the nurses will respond favorably to your 12" pink sluggo but they'll never believe how far you can cast.

jfbasser
04-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Well Basser I am sure the nurses will respond favorably to your 12" pink sluggo but they'll never believe how far you can cast.

I will have to order a few packs at $3.00 a sluggo from one of the sponsors and have them delivered to the nursing stations:devil:

Slinger
04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Anything you need or I can do for you I`m only a phone call away.
Steve

jfbasser
04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Will give you a call soon.

Slinger
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
OK first tall tale. You should have seen it today, Bass were chasing the pogies right out of the water! Could have filled the boat if I wanted to!...... Well at least the pogie part is true, they're well up into the bay allready!
Slinger

vtloon
04-22-2008, 10:21 PM
You'll have to start thinking about those Snook to keep you busy after the Fall migration.
Fight hard, and leave a few of the nurses for the rest of the patients.

FishHawk
04-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Had a nice chat with Basser yesterday. He gave me a Spey line for my new rod.
I'm sure that it will have some extra special mojo built into that line. Thanks again John . I even will fish it on the Dark side in your honor. FishHawk:hihi:

FredA
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Visited basser Sunday and he seemed to be holding up well, lots of bitchin and moanin.
First hand report says he's still doing well (still bitchin and moaning) but tired toward the end of phase one "protacol".