Better make it Mako! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Better make it Mako!

RayStachelek
04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Slinger christen his new vessel today. "Can't Ancor Us II" splashed around 3:45 pm under a risen tide, clear skies and a southwestern wind. Motor started on the very first turn of the key. The new OptiMax 125 was shoot'in double the oil in its first hour of break'in roared to life outside the harbor limits.

The new 18 foot 3 inch Mako has a nice user friendly layout for fly fishing. Steve still has to install his electronics and make a few changes. You wouldn't recognize him if you seen him now. All new fishing duds from Bass Pro Shop, new boat, the whole nine yards.

I couldn't be happier for Steve. All the troubles he has had with his first boat is hopefully behind him.

Steve,

I hope you enjoy your new toy. It's a large investment. You certainly deserve it. May you be safe always on the water filled with the pleasures of good company and fishing.

Slinger has pics to follow.

FishHawk
04-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Good luck with the boat Steve. He even looks like one of those Bass Pro guys in his Bass Pro Shops shirt with Slinger embroidered on the pocket.
Could there be a "Fishing RI with Slinger" Tv show coming up?:chuckle: :hihi:

jfbasser
04-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Good luck with the new boat Slinger :devil:

Warren
04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Steve,

Glad to see you have her in the water. The stripers & albies better run for cover now:hihi:

vtloon
04-17-2008, 08:20 PM
There was one around at Wacky during the Boneclave: nice layout , and it seemed to be handling some pretty good chop quite well.

Slinger
04-17-2008, 10:38 PM
After a couple of shake down runs up in the river she'll make her grand debut at the Icebreaker. Handels real nice and the 115 Opti has some real zip to it. You wouldn't believe the BS I went through to get this boat in the water this week! Gonna get some fish slime on her this weekend, then she'll smell like a real woman. I`m never so vain as to put my name on my shirt, just the Mako logo with CantAnchorUs under it, gonna look like one of those spiffy charter captains, only better and meaner. Would love to post up some pics but the card reader isn't plugged in yet, gotta get my buddy the tech guy to finish plugging in all the gadgits. Also need to get my son in law to mount all the electronics yet, I have the mechanical apptitude of a snail.
Slinger

Reef Runner
04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Slinger - Great to hear you're finally wet. Enjoy!!! - Reef

bonefishmon
04-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey Phil! Was that your rod that Steve caught that keeper on!

Smcdermott
04-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Didn't even recognize the new Slinger this morning....raced right by him on the way out....Now presenting the Mashantucket Fishing Societies newest inductee....

Cantanchorus II....

http://members.cox.net/seanmcdermott/SlingerMako%20003%20(Medium).jpg