How 'bout a Few Crumbs... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: How 'bout a Few Crumbs...

FredA
03-17-2008, 07:48 AM
...for us shut ins.

I know Juro's probably wrapped around the axel with personal matters and the Sims boys, Dave and Bill are probably still decompressing (I would be in a foul mood if I were in Bills shoes, re lost reels). But I and I'm sure others are waiting patiently for some tall tales and lies from Puorto Rico and acklins.

juro
03-17-2008, 08:11 AM
I've got some video footage that needs to be converted to post coming up. Will put some time in on that one weeknights this week.

jimS
03-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Fred, in a word, insane! With the exception of Bill's reel losses on the return trip, it just doesn't get better than this, our fourth trip to Acklins. Staying at Bob Berquist's new facility in Salina Point, the four of us, Dave17 (Dave Kopij), wrke (Bill Kessler), and my son, Brad, fished a myriad of new places and old with massive quantities of bonefish.

Bop has a superb facility and staff with new boats for both the flats and bluewater. Food prepared by his wife, Nina, and staff, was excellent. Typical fare was wahoo, yellowfin tuna, conch and curry.

He has a Salina Point native and guide by the name of David that has the best pair of eyes I've seen.

In addition to the incredible number of bonefish everyone hooked, Dave17 landed a mutton snapper we had for dinner one night, and Brad lcaught a mahi-mahi for another night's dinner. Wrke landed the biggest bonefish, 7-8 pounds, while Dave17 lost one in the mangroves approaching double digit.

Dave17 will be posting joint pictures when he gets a chance, plus compiling a video.

I'd post some pictures, but am catching a plane to Australia now for a couple of weeks in Weipa with Jamie, Silas Maitland, and Matt Fender, from the UK.

FredA
03-17-2008, 09:04 AM
I'd post some pictures, but am catching a plane to Australia now for a couple of weeks in Weipa with Jamie, Silas Maitland, and Matt Fender, from the UK.

Wait 'til I pick a scab off a wound and repeat that as i pour salt...

Dave17
03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Fred,

Jim hit the nail right on the head. Bob's place is awesome! We're already booked for next year:lildevl: .

I have a ton of content that I'd like to get up here, some awesome stuff. I need to talk to Juro about how to do it and where I should put it (probably the Ridiculous board).

More to follow......

wrke
03-17-2008, 09:14 PM
OK, a few crumbs (can't wait for Dave's pics). Go to: http://web.mac.com/wkessler

Incredible weather this year, great new facility/food/people, couldn't be more comfortable and accommodating. Bob and Neena have done a great job . . . and David's a gem. Terrific variety of flats/conditions. Great fishing buddies. Looking forward to returning next year!

Bill

Dave17
03-18-2008, 07:56 AM
OK, I'm starting to get things organized. The pics are up on my personal gallery page.

Jim and Brad have the majority of our bonefish pics on their cameras so we'll have to wait until Jim gets back from Australia to get those.

There is a lot of redundancy in these pics because I haven't had time to go through them one by one but you should be able to flip through pretty quickly.

Bill, Brad and Jim you should be able to download right off this page and upload as well. Let me know if you have any issues.

Enjoy.......... it was an awesome trip:smokin: !

http://gallery.mac.com/dkopij#100245&bgcolor=black&view=carouseljs&sel=7

Vince
03-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Awesome pics guys!! Looks like a fantastic trip this year.

wrke
03-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for posting Dave (aka the fishing machine) . . . great pics, great time, easy download.

Frogfish
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice pics guys! Looks like you guys had a blast!

jimS
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
from Salina Point.

Tim D
04-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Great pics. I don't know if there is a more beutiful fish than a mahi when it's all lit up.

What do you guys do for a living that you can go on som many trips!:)

petevicar
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Great photos.
My fishing so far this year has not been great.:frown:

I wish I had gone to Acklins.

Trevor B
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Pete
Acklins does seem to be fishing well this year, well Pete maybe next year ?
I'm off for a little Tarpon action in Mexcio soon.
where are you headed next ? any plans ?