More sad news [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: More sad news

Striper
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Well I just read Sean's post concerning Art B. and my heart and prayers go out to him and his family, please Art if you get the chance to read this although we never got a chance to meet and fish together it does not diminish the fact that you touched me and many others in this small fraternity and I REALLY hope you are able to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep plugging along for a while longer as you have much to share and give to us all.

And now the additional bad news......................

Just a quick note in case nobody else had heard or posted Capt. Don Cameron the owner of Capt. Don's Bait and Tackle passed on yesterday. I learned of this via email link to another message board and I am truly stunned and very saddened by the news. Capt. Don was truly a nice guy who took my wife and I in like family many years ago when we met him and his wife Bonnie in the old Dunn's Corners shop. The services are pending but according to his stepson he will be brought back to his first love Alaska and spread over his beloved fishing grounds up there. Capt. Don I will miss you tremendously you were a very good friend and fisherman and I for one am glad to have the honor of calling you my friend.