Loop/Danielsson Reels [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Loop/Danielsson Reels

abcd
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Judging from past threads, there are quite a few fans of this reel brand out there. Anyway, I happened to look at the Loop website just now.

It seems that Loop is selling Evotecs again, plus other models including a retro looking Classic. The Evotec G3 appears to be identical to the old Evotec LW although the sizes might be a slightly different. It looks like what used to be the LW 6nine has been split into an LW6/7 and an LW8/9. It is not clear if Danielsson is supplying Loop again but they probably are if they own a patent for the design. Or, maybe someone else has a licence to manufacture them from Danielsson and is supplying Loop. I wonder who is making the Classic.

Following the links from the Loop site, there appears to be a USA dealer and a Canadian dealer in place and upon checking their websites, it looks like prices for the Loops are now competitive with the Danielssons, if not slightly less.

chromer
03-16-2008, 09:06 AM
cheap junk loop copied without danilsons permision (made in china)

JR SPEY
03-16-2008, 10:59 AM
cheap junk loop copied without danilsons permision (made in china)

That's a neat trick. Three mistakes in what is not even a complete sentence. First of all the G3 is not cheap (in design, construction or even retail price), is similar to but not a copy of the Danielsson reel, and is made in a very modern factory in South Korea. Mind you, I'd prefer a Danielsson, but I also prefer factual information.

salmo
03-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Speaking about the devil. Has anyone noticed that Danielsson reels prices in Swedish Corona
( which gained against USD about the same as Euro) went up 20-30 % in recent weeks.
http://www.danielsson-flyreels.se/index.php?page=startsida&lang=en

North American prices ( available after logging in by a customer with address outside European Union were 19% VAT is applied)
are near old prices, prior to when Loop-Danielsson distribution was dissolved.

For example HD 11-14 $ 680, LW-6-9 $ 460.

Australian dealer who sells directly and on e-bay has been rising the prices recently too.

I would not be surprised to see him matching the retail prices very soon.

Frogfish
03-18-2008, 06:16 PM
salmo, how much is the HD9-13 in USD?

salmo
03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Based on their website 4 076 SEK for N. American customers ( according to Bloomberg the exchange is 1$ = 6.03 SEK )
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies/eurafr_currencies.html

so the price $ 676.

I am still puzzled for how long the dealer form Australia will be selling o line over 20% below. (?)

The USD dropped near 10% against most of European currencies since last December, and 40% total since 2002-3........mainly due to national deficit and recently due to housing bubble.

Frogfish
03-18-2008, 08:50 PM
You're right. It's much cheaper on ebay....534 USD

salmo
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
He also sells directly from his on-line shop. Also his prices have been steadily rising recently.