Mediocre Season At Best? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mediocre Season At Best?

Eric
03-13-2008, 01:24 AM
From the lack of action on this board, I was wondering if others out there had as flat a winter season as I had. True, I didn't get out much with a monster house remodel nearing completion, but the times in February I did get out when conditions were very favorable to a hook-up or two. Fished the Siletz mainly, and went throughout the month without a single pull (even) much less a thrasher on the end of the line. Did see fish caught every time I was out, so I know they were there. Just not there for me.

Hopefully you other Steelheaders did better.

Any stories or thoughts out there? We've got to get this board alive again.

It's time for the Olympians to weigh in with their thoughts -- their time is now,

Cheers,

Eric

juro
03-13-2008, 08:00 AM
I am especially interested in what people say... most likely will be coming out on business which is always a pleasure and should include a weekend of seeking the holy grail of flyfishing.

Finni
03-13-2008, 12:08 PM
This whole last year, summer included, has been really quiet for me. Though, I can't say I am much of a steelhead expert, with only four fish under my belt in about as many seasons, but I definitely love chasing them and practicing my spey cast.

Here's to hoping that things will improve this summer,
Finni