Moving to Denver... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Moving to Denver...

teflon_jones
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Well as luck would have it, I've gotten a job opportunity in Denver and am 99% sure I'll be relocating within the next couple of months. I wasn't looking for a job but it's the old "it's not what you know it's who you know" and a college buddy's dad was looking for good IT managers and willing to pay a a premium and I'm looking at an offer I can't refuse. I just need to work out the final details.

The bad news is that I'll miss being near the ocean. The good news is that Colorado has phenomenal trout fishing and isn't far from Wyoming and Montana. My wife and I are still planning to keep doing our annual week long trip to the Cape too so I'll still get in some striper time. I really hope I can still make my first clave this year but I don't know when I'll be moving.

Quentin
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Congratulations on the new job! I would miss being near the ocean too. If it's any consolation, you can still fish for stripers in CO. Not sure if you can get them on the fly rod though. You might have to revert to the dark side :hihi: . I looked at the state fishing records and they seem to have quite a diverse fishery and plenty of big fish :cool: . Maybe you won't miss the ocean too much after all!

Q

teflon_jones
04-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Well now I'm 100% sure I'm moving. I start work out there on the 28th. I'm going to drive out and hopefully get there on the 26th or early enough on the 27th that I can spend an entire day fishing before my first day of work. :)

Dble Haul
04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Good luck with the move and the new endeavor.

teflon_jones
04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Mark!

I know the housing market is bad, but I didn't know it was this bad. I got my house appraised and I'm looking at losing $80k. That's $40k in upgrades, plus getting less for it than I paid for it, paying a realtor's commission, and lost equity that I paid off of my mortgage. And I got a great deal on the house 4 years ago because it needed to be redone top to bottom, which I just finished this winter with a $25k kitchen overhaul I did entirely on my own.