Fly Fishing Forum banner

Problems - flights out to Los Roques

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Flyfishdk 
#1 ·
As a result of last months plane crash involving one of Transaven's aircraft the Venezuelan authorities have withdrawn the licence for three (Transaven/Chapi Air/BLuestart) of the four carriers operating between Caracas and Los Roques. The only airline currently operating a service is Avior., and tickets can be booked on-line via http://www.avior.com.ve by clicking on the large block on the rh. side of the home page.

If any of you intend to travel out to LR in the near future I suggest you get your flights to the islands sorted out pretty quickly, I'm off this weekend (tomorrow) and I had to re-schedule my flights yesterday - available seats were disappearing in front of my eyes.

Good luck

stuart

#2 ·
Hi Stuart
on my last few trips to LR I have always used: AEROTUY LINEA TURISTICA LTA.
I flew with them on my last trip at the end of last month, no problem.
As far as I know they are the main carrier between Caracas and Los Roques, the definitely have the biggest airplane and make the trip several times per day.

Pete

#4 · (Edited)
Hi

There are currently two airlines flying to Los Roques. Avior and Aereotuy.
I'm going there on next friday and originally we had seats on a Transaven flight. Fortunately the folks at the posada rebooked us with Aereotuy.

BTW: There was a new Venezuelan airline crash this friday on the route Merida-Caracas, 46 souls were killed, may the rest in piece.

Strip-strike to all :wink:

Patrick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.