Where's Penguin and the "This Day in History" quiz [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Where's Penguin and the "This Day in History" quiz

FredA
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
30 years ago yesterday and today the crib was born and monomoy became two islands. One of two most memorable storms of my lifetime, the other being Hurricane Carol in '54. "78 had it all, relentless wind and snow for 2 days and astronomically big tides.

So where were you? Too young to remember or just a gleam in the old man's eye?

jfbasser
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I remember some fella on the tube in a sweater :devil:

JimW
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Shoveling.

shadfreak
02-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I had just bought my first house a few months before and spent the next few days shoveling and with my wife. Life is good.
Larry

Penguin
02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
For Better Living and Behavior Modification Through Chemistry and Induced Electrical Stimuli... :eek:
'Sorry about falling down on my additional duty (unofficial historian?)...I don't do "regular jobs" very well any more...
and besides...
My free time is managed by demanding, resourceful, and very convincing staff members (Lucy&Dingo)...
and...
My internet access is limited by a draconian rewards system that I have yet to master...Verizon DSL with issues ;)
I am always "shovelling" and can only hope for a "reward for good behavior day pass" to attend the Bear's Den Celebration... :D

The Blizzard of '78...
I was stationed in Deutchland living in Zeppelinheim doing "special" flights into Berlin, among other places, and got to hear all about it on AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio & Television Station)...As I recall, it caused a week of really bad weather on the "continent" and I got to stand down...
Nothing quite like a face full of schwein haxen and pilsner while facing down das Bear!
Those were the DAZE!

titleguy
02-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Ah, the "Blizzard of '78- I was at my grandparentts house in Rockport. We had seaweed stuck on the second floor windows and I was picking up haddock in the snow banks along the beach. Good times.:D