Acklins - Satellite TV? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Acklins - Satellite TV?

DaisyChain
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone remember there being a satellite TV on Acklins? We are scheduled to be there Feb 2-9, and my beloved Patriots will be going for their 4th Super Bowl in 7 years, as well as an undefeated season on the 3rd.. I seem to remember Club Rolex having some TV's, but I can't remember if they were satellite.. I promise to give a full report when we return!

acklinsboy
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, there is satellite TV at Rolle-X

juro
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Here's the headline for you just in case...

PATS MAKE HISTORY!

(image - Tom Brady)

associated press

josko
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Maybe I don't get this, but why would you want to go to Acklins island to watch a football game on television? Wouldn't you rather be out on the flats???

Dave17
01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Let's not get carried away yet.........

I know forty something big dudes in blue shirts that are going to have something to say about a perfect season.

Go G-MEN!!!!

(I know I'm opening up a big can of worms here:lildevl: )

FredA
01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Game time is 7:00-7:30PM, Acklins time. You can fish by the grave yard 'til sunset and, if I remember right, Rolle-X is right there.

While the Patriots seem to win in any weather they really are a warm weather team. Sorry Dave, I don't think it's going to work out for you.

juro
01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Dave Buddy,

As a hopeless romantic I actually wanted to see Favre win it all and retire. But then he threw that duck and I suddenly remembered how Green Bay beat the pats in Superbowl whatever and I said bye bye Brett.

I really like the Giants, Strahan, Burress, and the gang. Impressive drive to the big game.

However do you really see Eli surpassing the Belichick machine with Brady at the helm?

Romantic, yet hopeless. Pats by ten points.

Bob Bergquist
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
We will have the game on Sirius Radio at the house, and may be able to work out something here in Salina Point for TV...:D

Dave17
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I give them a lot of credit, they're a great team but the overconfidence by both fans and players was over the top!

G-Men with the greatest underdog victory in the history of the NFL:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: !!!!!!!!!!

juro
02-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I saw that coming!

So Pats fans... what say a beer bath for the G-man when next he graces the SQUIYAH????

FredA
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Great but painful game. Came down to a couple of plays the giants made and the patriots didn't. Play of the game had multiple opps for the patriots to seal the game. Last drive manning escapes a woulda shoulda sack and thows a prayer that harrison tried to take away rather than punching the ball from between the receivers hand and helmut.

Depressing day but boy it's going to be a relief to not have to listen to the jock sniffin gasbags in the media.

Dave17
02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Amen to that Fred!