LL Bean 12WT [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: LL Bean 12WT

MoMo
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi I have a LL Bean 12WT Trophy Tarpon Rod, it's only been out of the tube a few times and never used in salt water (just threw some big bass bugs with it) I bought it new and will never use it so wanting to see if there is any interest. Also have a SA System 2 12/13 reel and 3 spools 2 never used. Spools have full backing and Mastery 12WT full sinking clear line, WF 12 F both never used other spool has a bass taper I think. LL Bean no longer makes this model. But they were nice enough to send me a copy of an old catalog with the outfit price circa 1994 (the 2 extra spools and line were extra) I have a 5 and 8WT for fishing and it's a shame to have this sitting in the closet. Never sold anything here so not sure how to go about it:) let me know if you have any questions. EDIT to add some pictures http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u248/kritic7/

fishinfool
01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
What are you asking for the SA Reel and the extra spools?

vtloon
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
How much are you asking for the rod?

MoMo
01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Hello all. Sorry about the lack of price but I didn't want to put some outrageous price without researching it a bit. Looks like $300 may be fair for the reel and spools? I literally can find nothing on the rod but It like the reels are in almost new condition maybe $400? Just guessing though. I bought this outfit in the hopes I would use it but never got around to it and don't have the time to fish like I used too. Mostly just smallmouth bass in the local streams now :) .I live in Missouri BTW if anyone close is interested.

MoMo
01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
If anyone is interested in the Reel/Spools and Rod the prices I put here are certainly not fixed. Just a guess from looking on the web I'm certainly no expert on fly tackle All reasonable offers would be welcome,just let me know and we could probably work something out.