Birthdays of Special Note... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Birthdays of Special Note...

FredA
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
...should not pass without comment. Noticed Saturday, as I was getting ready to leave for the show, that it was Art Burtons birthday.

Happy 79th young fella!

RayStachelek
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Happy Birthday Art!

Art knows mine is close too.

FrenchCreek
01-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Have a great B-Day Art.

striblue
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Art, Happy B-day.!!!:)

FishHawk
01-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Art have a great Birth Day. FishHawk:smokin:

artb
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks Guys for the thoughts, for awhile I thought I had been a has been. The last two years have been up and down, mostly on the down. I haven't posted a I haven't had any news. Everyone who wished me happy birthday brings back some good memories, and I hope atleast a few more. I was thinking of sending a photo of my new vehicle taken down on the sand last fall, with my new kayak, and my homemade flyrod and spinning rod holder on the front. Many years of fishing the surf I fished with only a flyrod, maybe around 5 years ago I started also carrying a spinning rod to reach the fish when a flyrod just couldn't. this has worked out with some large size bluefish in the vicinity of 15 lbs. I still fish mostly during the week, yes when most people are working. Capt. Ray, I am still trying to get down to see you. I am sorry but, I forgot what day your Birthday is, but you are the same good guy I have known for a few years. Klo:D ndike Pete sorry I didn't catchup with you when you came East, hope to the next time. Mr. Moran, also glad to see you haven't forgotten. Fred, you have got to try RI someday. I see in today's paper the prediction is big fish this year on the RI south coast, I will be ready will you?

Adrian
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey ArtB, I missed your birthday too!!!!

Another 'senior moment' for me:roll:

Great to hear your finally up and about and look forward to catching up with you in SoCo this Spring/Summer. :smokin:

Pssssst, by the way, Don't tell anyone around here, but ....... I carry a spin rod from time to time these days too .....:Eyecrazy: