Canal Clave [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Canal Clave

bigcat988
07-01-2000, 12:52 PM
Ok you clave monsters, would any one be interested in a Cape Cod Canal mini clave at the end of Sept. or early Oct. This is prim time on the canal for migrateing schools of Bass and Blues.

I was thinking along the lines of fishing in the morning, and ending the day with a tail gate party. Bring the family for a day on the Canal, rollerblading, biking or just walking along the Canal. It would be a good way to get the family involved.

Any thoughts or ideas on this.

John

juro
07-01-2000, 03:43 PM
Great Idea! Count me in. It makes a lot of sense to fish the migratory by-pass route for virtually all the fish coming down the coast.

It will be great to learn the ditch a little more from a flyguy perspective. I've done Pip's rip and the mud flats (as well as a couple of adventures I shouldn't have done) yet it will be great to take an earnest look at the canal with the long rod during a prime migration time. Sounds great!

Roop
07-02-2000, 08:11 AM
Thanks John - you can count me in.

When are we going to do the midnight haunt of the Cape?

Roop

Hawkeye
07-03-2000, 11:24 AM
Count me in! It sounds like a lot of fun.

I've had pretty good luck on the schoolies in the canal but have yet to tempt anything on the large size. I'd love to learn a lesson or two from the experts.

JohnM
07-03-2000, 11:44 AM
John:

You can count me in ! I would love to learn more about that place ...............

John

grego
07-06-2000, 11:34 AM
Sounds great, I'm in. This would be the Ultimate test for Squid & Lobster patterns! GregO.