Forum Dinner sign up sheet update [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Forum Dinner sign up sheet update

FishHawk
01-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Well here is what I have so far for the Forum Dinner which is on the 19th at the Royal Plaza where the Marlboro Fly Fishing show is being held.
FishHawk
striblue
FredA
Jfbasser
Warren
Tomd
PorkSlice
Adrian
Slinger
vtloon
Shadfreak
Guernseybass
CSJ60
Juro
gunner
NMtrout
pacman
nmbrowncom

If I have left anyone out please add your name to the list. I'm still taliking to the hotel about details. We will have a room to ourselves and each person is responsible for paying his own meal. We will have our own waiter. Thanks guys this should be a great time. FishHawk

striblue
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks Bill...I guess now is the time to get solid numbers to let the Hotel know how many will attend. I suggest to Bill that despite an accurate head count that he let them know that some extra seats be made available ... a few...in the event someone at the Show would like to attend by word of mouth....if the Hotel can do that. Bill... also bump this thread up during this week and as we approach the date to keep it at the head of the "new" posts list...just a suggestion.

Guernseybass
01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I am a definate attend (weather permitting).

Mark.

RayStachelek
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Wish I could attend this special event, but already have a commitment. It seems the Fly Show is a great opportunity to get people together from all locations and meet afterwards.

Hope everyone has a grand time. Tip a glass for me.
Slinger and Basser will have a captive audience to slew Sea Stories.

To quote Maxwell Smart, "Sorry about the Chief!"

Hope to see "ya all" at the show.

Capt. Ray

Warren
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I have rounded up some door prizes for the folks attending the dinner. So far I have been able to get a Sage Xi2 nine wt rod and a fly line.

If any of you are feeling benevolent we could use some flies or other fishing gear to add to the prize list. Email or PM me.

Only those attending can win the prizes

Due to unforeseen circumstances that I am not at liberty to go into at this time, only those attending the dinner will be able to be participate in the prize drawing. I had fully intended to make this a fund raising raffle for the entire forum, However, like I said, we ran into a snag. We hope to iron out the problems in the near future so the next time we have a function, everyone can participate and win the prizes from afar.

vtloon
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Definite attend.

jfbasser
01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
See you there:smokin:

gunner
01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
weather permitting, I'm planning on being there.
Joe

striblue
01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I have deleted the First "old" Dinner sign up thread to avoid any further confusions as to what thread to use to sign up.... so use this thread to do so.... also, the following individuals indicated that they would attend or might attend on the original thread : In addition to the above the following people posted on the old thread and were missed on FishHawks first thread above: (I put their names on the first post above and edited it as of today)----we have 20 so far
1) Pacman
2) highway61
3) NMtrout

FishHawk
01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks John for getting the names that I missed on this new updated thread. FishHawk

Slinger
01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Told BPS that they would just have to get by without me that day, getting a Sat. off when you work where I do is a big deal!
Slinger

flydoc
01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
John and Bill- you must have misunderstood my post- I said I was on call that weekend, so I can't attend- please remove my name from the list so someone who can make it can attend. Hope to see everybody at the SWE and Bear's Den shows in February.
Thanks,
Flydoc

Warren
01-06-2008, 04:44 AM
John and Bill- you must have misunderstood my post- I said I was on call that weekend, so I can't attend- please remove my name from the list so someone who can make it can attend. Hope to see everybody at the SWE and Bear's Den shows in February.
Thanks,
Flydoc

It's only sick people Doc, they can wait a few hours:lildevl: :lildevl: They will understand won't they?

flydoc
01-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Warren- Sorry, can't take that risk; not with James Sokolove running ads on TV encouraging patients to sue their doctors:mad:
Flydoc

Warren
01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Bill,
My wife Pam will be with me and wants to attend the dinner dinner too. Please add her to the list.

millerbrown
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Fishhawk,

I saw my name on the list but I don't believe I ever commited to the event. In any event I'll be away on that weekend. Sorry for any confusion.

Millerbrown

nmbrowncom
01-06-2008, 04:10 PM
please add me to the list. thanks, neal

striblue
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I want to remind everyone that this is a Sign up sheet. That we will have a SOCIAL dinner right after the show on that Saturday. FishHawk is the point person, I volunteered to help him. The exact time will be obvious after he or I or Warren speak with the Hotel. We expect that it will be a sitdown"menu" dinner and not a "two choice" dinner. Each person will pay for his own meal. Warren is still determinimg if he will have a door prize and if we are to have any drawings. THIS HAS NOT YET BEEN decided on as of today. Any funds raised from these "potential" efforts will go to the forum upkeep. There should be no confusion as to whether this is a "fund Raiser" or "social" dinner. It is a social dinner, and during that dinner, with each meal paid by the attendee themselves, there "might"..I repeat "might" ...be some fund raising efforts. I don't think..but probably have to...state ...that any fund raising is strictly volunteer and is not a requirement for attending the dinner....This will NOT be clear to everyone...but hang in there ... wait for details. PS..The list has been updated.

vtloon
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
That's a good list...it'll be fun. Everyone bring lots of good lies!

striblue
01-07-2008, 07:21 AM
One other thing. I took the time to reread some past threads and If anyone has a complaint about how, why or where we have orgainized this please do it by PM to Fishhawk, myself or Warren and not on a sign up sheet here. The three of us "volunteered" to help orgainize this and don't feel we should make this a full time job . PM's would be better and keep the thread a simple sign up sheet. We will have a room to accommodate 60 people (which is more than we will need)and a sign in the Lobby. Any complaints after the fact can be brought to the Hotel management and not me or the other "volunteer" orgainizers. I think that is fair.

Warren
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
OK Folks I have made a decision on the Prize deal. Since I really want to use the prizes I have collected for a fund raiser, That is what I am going to do......At a later date.

I will keep the rod in safe keeping ( no I will not fish it :hihi: ) until I can organize a proper fund raising event that will be available to one & all. Stay tuned.

So lets go to the Marlboro show & have some fun looking at all the fly fishing goodies & have a Good BS session.

Sorry for the confusion , but in the end this be a much better thing.

PS John since you are editing the list. Pam my wife has bailed out on us for a quilting outing with the girls or some such thing

striblue
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Ok, Good ,Warren... we can get more participation if it is forum wide. I contribute to some other sites and they do that.... a wide forum fund raiser. On a lighter side, I guess if it is strictly social you can't take the dinner as a tax deduction..:hihi: ;) I deleted Pam from the list and will call the Hotel tomorrow with time and more on the menu...FishHawk will post what I come up with.... sorry for not following up today but I will do it tomorrow. Also, it looks like the number will be about 20, but I will ask the Hotel to be sure to have seating for 30..... FishHawk when he confirms all a day or two before will be able to confirm this.

striblue
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Bump to the top of the new post thread.

FishHawk
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
When: right after the Marlboro show at the All Star Bar & Grill which most of you know where this is if you have been to the Show. It's at the top in the hotel where a lot of the seminars are held and not at the Trade Center .
Pretty easy to find .
Everyone will be responsible for paying their own meals. We could have had a larger room but it would have cost us one hundred dollars. We were going to get it at no cost but they got a large paying group that will be using the room.
The Date is Sat the 19th of Jan.

"Great food, affordable prices and a relaxing atmosphere are three great reasons to enjoy the All-Star Bar & Grill. Serving cuisine from fun to flamboyant, the All-Star Bar & Grill will make every meal seem like a new experience." We will be ordering from the menu and there is a bar nearby for some porgy oil.:lildevl: FishHawk

striblue
01-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Bump again to the new post thread.

juro
01-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Hey guys - this sounds great!

A couple questions:

- what time? (I might have to come straight to the dinner from a family commitment and miss the show on Sat)

- do we have an area set aside for a couple dozen people or are we just going to try to find seats?

thanks

striblue
01-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Juro, it's posted above... we have an area and it's as soon as the show closes... meet at the resturant in the hotel between 5:30 and 6:00. We order from the menues individually. FishHawk will confirm and give the final plan this week I guess. I was not going to go to the show but will since we are having the dinner and will be at the show around 2 pm ... do the rounds and then head to the resturant. If Fishhawk want to give an exact time he will post that.

juro
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks to you, Warren, Fishhawk and anyone else involved for taking charge.

So the time is 6pm, in the All Star Bar and Grill which is located in the Best Western Hotel adjacent to the show building.

Has anyone arranged for group seating yet? If not then one of us should make that arrangement today.

See you all there!

http://www.rplazahotels.com/images/full/201.jpg

FishHawk
01-17-2008, 05:03 AM
The seating has been arranged and we will meet right after the show. between 5:30 and 5.45. See you guys there . There should also be a sign about the Dinner in front of the Bar and Grill. Thanks for posting the photo. See you at the Dinner and the Show. FishHawk

striblue
01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Bill, I am now 50/50 on attending because of Home things I may have to do...if I come it will be to the dinner only.