Buzzards buzzing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Buzzards buzzing

timwatts
10-13-2000, 06:41 AM
Fished a little cove down around Marion, Mattapoiset late yesterday afternoon from the kayak. Birds diving and Bass jumping had a ball being towed around in the kayak, nothing that big but lots of them. About the time the sun went down below the trees they blew up all around me until dark. Alot of fun to be in a blitz while sitting so close to the water in a kayak you really feel like your part of the action.

juro
10-13-2000, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a blast! That area's sheltered waters are really beautiful. This bodes well for fish to be at Rhody next weekend.

thanks for the update,

Juro

jared
10-13-2000, 11:16 AM
ya gotta love nantucket sleigh-rides in 'yaks!!!

-jared

grego
10-13-2000, 11:27 AM
Nothing Like: "Fall B-Bay Blitzes" !!
Call it FB^3 for short (math nerd!)

grego
10-14-2000, 10:46 AM
Tim,
I just talked to my dad on the phone in Pocassett & he has caught every morning this week from his kayak. Twinkies to low-20"s. He mentioned not a lot of surface activity, but the fish are there. Also, Dark Green migratory fish, not bonde estuary guys. He thinks they're coming down the canal heading South & stopping bye for a quick morning meal. He says they come in feed head out & it's usually over in about 45 minutes.

timwatts
10-14-2000, 07:25 PM
That sounds about right. We were out this morning and did well. The fish don't seem to be in their usual fall haunts, when they go down their gone it seems. Their color is also different from the summertime fish we catch there. Taking the kids out in the morning to toss poppers at them, they were thrashing the poppers this morning.