All I Want For Xmas is... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: All I Want For Xmas is...

FredA
12-20-2007, 08:18 AM
...a permenant break in South Beach. I'm easy.

So what are you all looking for under the tree?

juro
12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Hope, peace, adventure, love.

I guess I ain't so easy :)

FredA
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Hope, peace, adventure, love

Those are life long pursuits that require persistance and nurturing. Xmas is certainly one of those occasions that can provide a spiritual course correction in those pursuits.

But I'm talking about baubles and trinkets (metaphorically speaking).

Paxton
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Fred...I'll second the permanent break in SB. Oh......can it have a "rip" too? :)
Ron

Warren
12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Well Fred since we are wishing Big: How about, in addition to a permanent break on SB, an all expense paid summer house on Morris Island :hihi:

FredA
12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Not to be greedy, but a fine single malt under the tree might bring out the child in me.

jimS
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
My list is quite short...a permanent residence on the cape.

juro
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
OK - then I would like Sean Ransom's suggestion that the forum guys get to be the house band at the Squire the night of the spring clave... to come true. Not to take anything away from the Stone Horse lobby of course :)

I think I have everything I need from the FF perspective, though it took years of persistence and nurturing to get here.

Sean Juan
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I just want to improve my Mad Skillz - I hope I always want that.

Jim just so you know living on Cape this time of year can be throughly depressing...

FrenchCreek
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Getting back to the East Coast for either the summer peak or the fall blitzes and meeting up with the East Coast buddies I missed last fall... I'll have the Scotch and Cubanos... and lots of crease flies for the Blues..

jfbasser
12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
To catch a Snook on a fly :D

teflon_jones
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll be picking up my new kayak right around Christmas, and we'll see whether my wife has gotten me anything fishing related (last year I got a new vise! :D ).

petevicar
12-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Unfortunately my family now refuse to get me any presents of a technical nature. That is electronic gadgets or fishing stuff. So I have to get them myself. :) :) :)
One thing I would like for next year is to hear the forum band at the Spring Clave.:smokin:

FredA
12-21-2007, 05:45 AM
I just want to improve my Mad Skillz - I hope I always want that.
Sean, mad skillz are tough, I can only muster a short duration explosive pulse then I forgetaboutit.

Since turning 60 I have been working reel hard on my "Old Crank" skillz. Takes a lot of persistance and nurturing. The Xmas season is certainly one of those periods that can provide a spiritual course correction in pursuit of "Old Crank" skillz. Bah Humbug.:mad:

rooster
12-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Another day on the water with my buddies and sons.;)
Merry Christmas,
Rooster
PS-If my 22 year old ever remembered all his tackle/gear that would be even better......, some things never change.....,

FishHawk
12-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Life is about the friends you meet. For me I want many Rip Trips with good friends and adventurous yak trips. I might even try the Canal this year when I complete building my two hander. FishHawk

vtloon
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM
What I'd like for Christmas is a guarantee of 20 more years of fishing with my friends. Since I'm having a bit of trouble getting an ironclad contract, I plan to fish like crazy in the meantime.

PopnesetBay
12-21-2007, 06:23 PM
TO BE ABLE TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!

Seriously may everyone here and their families enjoy a Joyous Holiday Season.

My hope for 2008 is to be healthy enough to enjoy my passion, have a mind open enough to accept new ideas, sharpe enough to remember them and clear enough to share them with past, present and new friends in this wonderful "Phly Phishing Phraturnity".

Pete Readel

Quentin
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope that more of my trips to the coast occur on a "yesterday" that people usually mention when I ask about the fishing :hihi: .

A permanent cut on SB (with a rip!) would be pretty nice too!

Q

Swalt
12-23-2007, 06:38 AM
It would be nice if the world was a better place but I have little control over that.
I saw this thread earlier and didn't read it. Not sure why. Then I read it this morning.
I can't think of anything I want for Christmas that I don't already have or can have. I have more stuff than I need and will continue to buy more stuff. I will be taking a trip, to the Islands, in February with a group of guys that will make it my best trip yet. I am working on planning a trip with my son for later in the year. I don't need a bigger boat. My wife still loves me after 35 years in spite of everything. I have a lot to be thankful for.

So, I will just wish everyone a merry Christmas. Be safe, be healthy and have a wonderful new year.