Danielsson owners [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Danielsson owners

shad
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi

I have before me a Danielsson lw 8-12 which needs changing to right hand wind.

But no paper work:confused:

I know I need to reverse the bearing,I think I know how it opens but need to know how to put it all back together right.

If someone could be good enough to scan and post the plan/exploded view of the reel the Fishing Gods are sure to reward them in 2008.

Cheers Colin

wrke
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Here are scans. Hope they're readable.
Bill

I just previewed them. If you want to send me your email address via a private message, I'll email them to you

Found your email address . . . instructions sent.

shad
12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Job done

Many thanks Colin

salmo
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Coiln,

Before you tighten the drag knob locking screws, press the drag knob with your finger from the top so the O-ring located in the knob press against the frame. This prevents water from leaking under the knob. Even if you don't do it, the center screw ( part No.9) has the small o-ring for extra protection to prevent water from entering drag mechanism chamber.

At minimum the drag should be set up to just prevent spool form spinning when the line is pool out suddenly. The tension of the drag can be regulated by gently turning center-screw just before locking the knob. To test the drag tension at min. setting you don't have to put drag knob back.

DO NOT put any oil or grease inside drag mechanism !!!!

Zb

shad
12-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Salmo

I noticed on previous posts that the drag should be dry.

This one does a little oil in it,just a very light coating.

Is this normal or should I remove it with detergent and dry the parts out?

Thanks for your help

Colin

salmo
12-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Are you sure it is an oil?
If you are the original owner of the reel, shouldn't be any oil on the drag plate. I guess you probably stained your finger during retrieve direction change with trace of carbon fiber powder which is produced during friction and may give the carbon plate shiny look.

Let me know and we go form here.

Zb

shad
12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Salmo

Yes on inspection it is carbon powder ,I guess that makes the whole system self lubricating.

Reel was an e-bay purchase,hence the concern.

Thanks again Colin

salmo
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Any time.

Yes of course, the carbon/graphite powder is knows dry lubricant.
This a another reason why well constructed carbon plate like in Danielsson reels will hold for very long time.

Zb