CT/RI Coastal Fly Rodders [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CT/RI Coastal Fly Rodders

RayStachelek
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Thursday night I will be in Mark & Phil country giving a presentation on Tying Techniques.

If you're around the area please stop in. Presentation starts around 7:30. The general meeting starts 6:30. Hope to see ya there.

RI/CT Coastal Fly Rodders
Groton Elks Club
700 Shennecossett Road
Groton CT

Dble Haul
11-27-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry that I can't make it. I'm sure that your presentation will be well received, given your personality and knowledge.

Have fun.

bonefishmon
11-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Ray. See you Thursday night. Wouldn't miss it for the world! Please join us if you can. There is no charge. Lot's of interesting minds will be in attendence sharing local knowledge. Membership is open and the price is very reasonable considering the rewards. Here is your chance to see one of our own in action on the vise. Pm me if you would like to meet somewhere for dinner before the meeting. You can follow me there afterwards.

Phil

bonefishmon
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Capt. Ray wowed the CTRI Club with a wonderful and imaginative Power Point slide show (I want to see it again) with an awesome sound track of music custom tailored for the CTRI Club. The photos of his flies and visions on the water are some of the best I've seen in a fishing based presentation. First class all the way. And our own Slinger was captured in a portrait that was undeniably Steve in his elements. His business fliers disappeared like butter on hot toast. Capt. Ray has a killer squid pattern I can't wait to tie. Looking forward with great anticipation to his spring "Ice Breaker".

Awesome night Ray. Thanks again!

Phil

Slinger
11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I wish I could have attended but BPS dosen`t seem to be able to do without me! They got me doing 50 hr weeks right now and it`s killin me.
Slinger

bonefishmon
11-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Steve. They know a 'keeper' when they've caught one. No catch and releasing the Slinger. Happy Holidays Steve. Stay healthy, work and fish hard and soon you'll been running the place. I'm looking forward to seeing you this winter at the vise. You have some awesome stuff on hooks I need to learn how to tie as well. Let's pick a day when things slow down a pace and we'll have some fun. My son is after me for more of those DNA patterns you so kindly handed out at the Barn Island launch. Took him to Napatree on fott and he caught so many bass on it he forgot to tie on a new tippet and broke it off on a monster that eventually could not resist that fly.

A quote from the Basser................."Is that your rod the Captain caught that big fish on?" A classic. Fish for hours.....get skenked........hand the rod to Steve and he catches a legal bass on the first cast during the "Ice Breaker Clave" 2007.

Phil

RayStachelek
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Phil,

It was nice to connect with you again and meet your club friends. My adrenaline was pumped for weeks preparing the show to tailor your clubs' needs. The personal touch adds to the importance of the program. Now they feel a connections and get excited. It gets contagious.

I've been teaching for 33 years and I still feel the excitement building inside like last night. Especially before a crowd you know. Nothing spurs the passion in people like music. It has inspired people in battle, wars, and competitions. Why not fly fishing?

Phil, have the warmest of holidays with friends and family.

Ray

Slinger
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Ray, was that the same score you used at the Buzzards Bay Angelers last spring? That was truley a wonderful finish.
Slinger

RayStachelek
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Steve,

Same music score with one extra song.

Plenty of different slides this season to keep it fresh.