Speckled Trout on 2 hander from the beach [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Speckled Trout on 2 hander from the beach

capt_gordon
11-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Went out this morning b4 starting prep for Turkey Time. Got a couple hours in with the long, long rod. Got 6 like this with the spinnign rood guys around me getting skunked. Thanks to the folks here that helped me out with getting started on the two handed rod thing. It is very enjoyable to watch all tha tline go ouut there and way more fun than casting a plug:
http://www.geocities.com/capt_gordon/trout112207.JPG

Warren
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
As winter starts to close in around us, we have had our first snow fall. Fishing season is closed or over for the most part here in NH. It is nice to see someone enjoying a few hours out swinging a fly. Nice looking fish Capt'n. Keep the pics coming

humberriver
12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Thats not a speckled trout, I don`t know if its a brown or a rainbow, but I know its not a speckled

titleguy
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
"Speckled Trout" are what they call "Sea Trout" in North Carolina. Similar to weakfish in the northeast. Gordon- I did get one on my two hander at the Fort Macon Jetty a couple of years back.:roll:

teflon_jones
12-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Thats not a speckled trout, I don`t know if its a brown or a rainbow, but I know its not a speckledI'm guessing you don't do a lot of fishing for trout (fresh or salt)... :tongue: :p :cool: ;)

sva01
01-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I see that Humber is from New Foundland. Up there I believe that Brook Trout are known as "speckled trout." I'm guessing that's why he assumes it's a Brown or 'Bow.

Frogfish
01-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I see that Humber is from New Foundland. Up there I believe that Brook Trout are known as "speckled trout." I'm guessing that's why he assumes it's a Brown or 'Bow.
:) Well said...

Don't jump to conclusions about others...