Posting Photos [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Posting Photos

vtloon
11-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I know a number of people use Photo-bucket to download shots. Has anyone used Picassa? (I'm a "Digital Immigrant" not a "Digital Native".)

Warren
11-21-2007, 05:38 AM
I cannot answer your Question Todd. But another option is use a personal website. Many ISP's come with a certain amount of space for people to make a web page as part of the monthly price. Much of it goes unused I would guess. I know I do not use my allotted space because I have a commercial site.

cliftz
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
hi todd,
I always recommend Picassa2 from Google. It's a well-built image organizer and
editor as well as an easy web function for sharing images. And, it's free.

However, I've found that for the purpose of storing and posting to boards, ImageShack is wonderful. It integrates well-with IE7 and provides right-click functionality. Quite easy to use.

What are you trying to do with Picassa? Any questions, don't hesitate to
ask.

Jim Miller
11-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Todd
Shutterfly works well for me. They also offer free prints and discounted offers. Any photo service will work. Most are free to store your images on.

I open our Forum "Post" window and then the "image" sub window. Then open a separate window for the photo service where your image is stored. Copy and paste the photo URL to the FF Forum "image" sub window. Repeat as desired.

Best part is you can put up a bigger and higher quality picture.
Let me know if I can help w/ details :)

vtloon
11-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Details???? Hah! Howbout step-by step: I am at best a 'Digital Immigrant"; definitely not a "Digital Native"...............I even think Google is a noun!

bonefishmon
12-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Anything Mac users should know about? I've upgraded to OSX 10.5.

Phil

flyster
05-03-2008, 12:27 AM
OK, time for a shameless plug. Checkout Flyster's ( SPAM removed ). You can get a free account and post as many photos as you would like - at no cost. What I do is use the buddy feature and send messages to my friends that are also on Flyster's so they can see my photos.