Condolences [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Condolences

PopnesetBay
11-11-2007, 10:21 AM
to Mike Oliver, one of UK's more dedicated "stripah" fishers, on the recent loss of his Dad. I am sure that those here that have met, know and fished with Mike join me in extending sympathies and prayers to Mike, his family and Mum. Time lessens the loss and memories keep the spirit alive. Mike, you know he will always be looking over your shoulder. Look forward to fishing together in '08.

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

striblue
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Did not know that... My sympathies are with Mike and his family.

FishHawk
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry for your loss Mike. FishHawk

Striper
11-17-2007, 10:57 PM
My prayers and condolences to you Mike. I hope that your father is in a better place now. As stated time will lessen the pain but unfortunately will not erase it. The good times are what I think of when my Pop comes to mind.

Mike Oliver
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Guys,

Sincere apologies. I have only just spotted Pete's post about my late father Bob. Dad was not a Fisher but he did come on a weeks Bass fishing trip to Southern Ireland a few years back and those memories spent in breath taking scenery will remain as extra special with me for ever. He was 84 so had a good knock at the crease, just a pity he had to endure 12 years of Parkinsons Disease at the end.
I appreciate your prayers and thoughtfulness.

Regards

Mike