Fly Fishing Forum banner

Plymouth 10-24

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
After taking a skunk on Sunday I was anxious to see if it's over or not. It's ain't over yet. If anything it's kicked into high gear.
Put in @6:45am not really cold or raw but the rains were threatening and a fresh wind blew from the North, I think I like this global warming thing. I was greeted by a massive blitz of what looked like birds over ducks - the dreaded Duck Blitz. Upon closer inspection it was full of fish too - 8' of water middle of the incoming and it's already been established that I have no clue what the water temp was so let's just say 60F. It was not as easy to hook up on this school, lots of weeds but I managed 6 or so just to make sure no big ones were underneath, feisty 20ish" fish were all that this area held so on to look for something else. I took a look out front just to make sure the tuna weren't blitzing off the Gurnet - Nope, thank goodness:tongue:

Back inside and it looks like things have picked up all over the bay. Saquish rip gives up a dozen - same size but no blues. Now I survey the bay wondering if the big pogies are still around. As I round Clarks I find a huge flock of birds, same deal but these are very agressive and they stay up all around the boat so I hammered them for almost an hour before I had to leave for work. On the return trip I saw birds working in flocks here and there all over the bay. NE and E winds are forecast so this could be the last blast or it might just keep going. Stay tuned to find out. Gotta put a couple bandages on my thumb:lildevl:

They were pulling the floats at the boat ramp when I arrived and managed to tie up on the last one before the moved it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Still going this morning 9:30-11:30 in bright sunshine. Most of the fish were out in the middle of the bay and over against Clarks Island. They were skittish but no micros. Water 51F and a wicked E NE wind making whitecaps in the harbor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.