TMC hooks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: TMC hooks

arubaman
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Maybe not the right place to post it. If not at the right spot feel free to place somewhere else on the forum...

I was wondering, here in Europe we use mostly TMC hooks. Pretty expensive hooks, but good and reliable quality. What do you guys think about them?

And my second question: anyone knows where I can buy a lot of TMC hooks for a nice deal. Together with some dutch fishingbuddies we are trying get a bulk of hooks from abroad, but itīs hard to find a good dealer with a nice price.

Cheers!

Warren
10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Aruba man I have sent you a PM. But Tiemco Hooks are available in bulk from Umpqua Feather Merchants here in the USA. Any Fly shop that has an account with Umpqua should be able to order them. My local shop gets them for me. They are quite a bit less expensive in 100 packs

Smcdermott
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
What tiemcos are you using and for what species. I used to use Tiemcos a lot as well but they are pricey and I think there are some cheaper alternatives for many uses. Gamakatsus and Mustad Signatures tend to run about half the cost of them and have some great chemically sharpened hooks.

Sean

Swalt
10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Lots of Tiemco hooks listed on E-bay.