BoneClave 2000 Desision Time [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BoneClave 2000 Desision Time

Lefty
08-21-2000, 12:50 PM
Not to sound like a Meister but:

Time to get this thing solidified.
We need to at least nail a date. How about last years date? The weekend after Labor Day Sep 9,10. If not how about the weekend after that? I am in favor of strattling the weekend again like last year to help those with weekday or weekend preferences. Sun thru Tues? Sat - Mon?

**<b>We need to move from mild discussion to strong voting as time is running out**</b>

My vote: Sun-Mon. Sep 10,11. Anxious prefishers start on Sat. the 9th, latefishers stay thru Tues the 12th. (if fishing is good).

**<b><font size="2">LOCATION VOTES NEEDED</b></font><!--2-->**

Rhody is Juros thrust. Camping and motels, boats to Fishers I. and Watch Hill reefs. So far 1 boat (Tim). We need better unless the shore is it.

Washburn I. at Waquoit Bay only has site #11. In back near latrine. But not out of the question.

Horesneck Beach was Mentioned earlier. Ideas?

I looked into Cuttyhunk and thought about the Vineyard. Getting to Islands offers tough logistics to overcome.
<center><b><font color="00aa"><font size="2">

One Vineyard idea: </font><!--color--></font><!--2--></b></center> We could pitch in on a few 2 day car rentals on the Vinyard. At $30/day 5 guys per vehicle it's about $6.00 ea. per day. Ferry over is $10 R/T. Camp at the campground We'd have the whole Vinyard available!(offseason too).

Anyone got other options? Get out and vote.

i'm so outta here
08-21-2000, 02:37 PM
My vote: Washburn

(even if I have to sleep on the jetty http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Happy.gif)

grego
08-21-2000, 02:51 PM
First choice, Washburn, (even if I have to sleep on the boat).

HorseNeck, Westport Sounds interesting Too.

RI should be for the Fall clave (After Bones & Outer-Limits).

Nick
08-21-2000, 03:10 PM
Al,
After seeing you this weekend asleep on the jetty, I know you are not joking! I vote for washburn as well, although last year really wasn't a bonito fest but rather an Albie/bass explosion.
Nick

ssully
08-21-2000, 03:17 PM
WaCkY! Anyday you say.

TinMan
08-21-2000, 03:36 PM
Will be on vacation in Chatham 4th-11th - so I vote CHATHAM! http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

Lefty
08-21-2000, 04:20 PM
Sully,
Check with Reserveamerica. Maybe your reservation did go through. I tried to snag 11 but it was taken. Is it you?
Give them a call.

Terry

ssully
08-21-2000, 10:11 PM
Terry,

I'll call and check on those reservations tomorrow morning.

BobD
08-22-2000, 07:52 AM
My vote goes to Wacky and I will drag the boat along.

Brian
08-22-2000, 09:13 AM
My vote is Washburn. OK, I'm a little biased since I moor my boat about a 1/4 of a mile from the campsites. I would love to try for a repeat of last year, it was a trip I won't soon forget.

BYW.. The Bonito were at Hedge Fence this weekend chasing my white 1/2 oz Hairballs!! I got 2 in the boat and have been enjoying sushi for the past few days...YUM

Brian C

Lefty
08-22-2000, 09:47 AM
corrected misinformation doh.

Lefty
08-22-2000, 04:11 PM
Brian C. ! Hey, nice to hear from you. We'll see you there. Brian was a veteren of last year and a generous boatsman.
2 Bones in the boat already? "Footballs at Middleground"

Terry

juro
08-22-2000, 04:16 PM
Could it be? The tunoid terror himself? Alumni Summa Cum Laude of Boneclave University?

Great to hear from you Brian, hope things are well. It's about that time of year, eh?

Looking forward to the trip.

Juro

Brian
08-22-2000, 06:04 PM
Hi Juro, Hi Terry,

It's good to here from you guys again. Yes, it is that time of year again, a little later than expected due to the weather, but the Bonito are definitely in the Vineyard Sound. Since they came a little late this year, I hope at least a few decide to hang around until the Clave!! If not, the Albies "should" be there for us.

I'm really looking forward to the event.

Brian C

craig
08-23-2000, 07:34 AM
Hey guys,

Count me in on this event, I'll be the rookie. I have never caught a bone or an albie. Would like to loose my virginity though.....lol. Please let me know where Wacky is and any arangements I need to make.

Lots of backing,
Craig