Plymouth 10-8 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth 10-8

JimW
10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I got out there this morning before work. There was plenty of bait around off Nelson and in the harbor with some stripes giving half-hearted chase. ~8am the front of the beach from the tip to the pilings was going good. The fish had bait trapped between the beach and Browns bank and they weren't picky:smile:
Not much size to them but some up to 24". I was going to check for tuna out front at slack, but took a real beating from the wind driven rain, called it one ~9.

The water temp is still up there so depending on how hard and long the NE blows it might keep going.

Saw a couple of guys fishing from the beach, anyone from this board?

MNTrout
10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I was out there until 10am

JimW
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I saw you running down the beach, looks like they got right on shore a couple of times. I left when the blitz moved down towards the parking lot. The big blues have been down low harassing adult pogies but I've been unable to get them, live liners are getting back 1/2 a pogy or a monster blue depending on what end they bite. I hope the big bass make a showing, the front of the beach down to Bert's cove is a good place to stake out as is Whitehorse beach.

MNTrout
10-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I have tried WH before but it is so hit or miss to me anyway. I got a few from the beach when they came close. It was a good morning .