Plymouth 10/3 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth 10/3

MNTrout
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
My first born woke me up at 3am for a drink of water so since I was up I figured I'd go look for some stripers.

Walked long beach out and back from Bert's only 2 schoolies for the effort and man was it foggy. Some spots had lots of weeds as well. Good exercise anyway.

Good luck

JimW
10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey, at least you got out. Thanks for the report. Seems like you were there at the right time, top 1/2 of the incoming. Curious if you covered the back side/ harbor side of the beach after the crossover? What are you tossing at them?

MNTrout
10-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I did the harbor after the crossover

I threw a deceiver on the way out and a long sand eel clouser on the way back. One on each.

No surface activity or birds working that I could see but I couldn't see too far. I probably was missing them by a 100 yards and couldn't tell because of the fog.

MNTrout
10-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Great morning this morning tons of busting stripers in the harbor. Larger schoolies that fought hard.

Thanks again Jim

South Shore
10-05-2007, 12:01 PM
You're killing me with these reports. I need to get a decent 9wt for next year and I'll see you out there. Did you fish the back of beach, or do you have a boat?