Blue Northern's Boneclave Awards [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Blue Northern's Boneclave Awards

juro
09-13-2000, 11:18 PM
Although Bob Desplaines had to take an unanticipated detour on his way to the clave, he has informed me that Tom Lynch, owner of BNTC has once again provided awards to participants of the Boneclave.

<b>I am very pleased to announce the winners of the second annual Boneclave's Blue Northern awards:</b>

First Prize: Blue Northern Flats Shirt goes to Sully - first slam on flies (, gourmet brunch, clutch camp gear, dedicated contributor)

Second Prize: Blue Northern two-tone hat goes to Greg Owirka (biggest boat contributor all three days, sometimes double shifts, 1/2 day with his dad, etc)

Third prizes: Saltwater flyboxes go to...

Gregg Estey - first tunoid of the trip, 9:05 am day one (ex-virgin), false albacore.

Terry Weir - last tunoid of the trip, 11th hour, day three (ex-virgin)

We need you four to email your mailing addresses to bobd@watersedge-charters.com to collect your prizes.

<font color="0000ff">If we weren't limited to four prizes we could think of reasons for everyone to be rewarded! </font><!--color-->

<i>BTW - If you haven't already seen Blue Northern's huge fly fishing department, stop by sometime. It on Littleton Rd. in Ayer MA, just off route 495 near the route 2 intersection. Blue Northern is a full service outdoor shop featuring flyfishing, conventional fishing, firearms, archery, and expert instruction. For more information check out <!--http--><a href="http://www.bluenorthern.com" target="_blank"> their site </a><!--url--> or call (978) 772-6779 and say thanks to Tom, the owner.</i>

ssully
09-14-2000, 10:25 PM
Yippee! Can I pick it up at the shop? Can I? Can I? Can I?

juro
09-15-2000, 09:52 AM
Sully - I'm sure that's not a problem... check with Bob Desplaines just to make sure though.

congrats!

grego
09-15-2000, 10:01 AM
Hey,

Just got back from my whirl-wind tour of DC; out the door at 5:15 AM & back home at 10:15 PM. Fishing is the only GOOD reason I can think of for putting in those kinds of hours!

Boating the Clave was a blast, thanks to all of you. I think I put more hours on the boat those 2 1/2 days than I have all season. It's making me re-think keep or sell LOGO-1 !!??

Again Thanks!

Has the wallet shown up yet? I have not spoken to my dad to check the boat.

grego
09-15-2000, 10:48 AM
BTW: Juro,

I am DYING to see the picture of my boat Monday morning.

For those who were not there, picture this:

6:00 AM, Vinyard Sound is the Worlds Biggest Mill Pond, I mean GLASS. Al & I got alittle side-tracked by picking up Big-Cat from the beach near the East Jetty. Tim & Crew are making their way out to the shoal aboard his Sea Hoss. Seems to me to be the perfect time to Blow-Out-Some-Carbon. We pass Tim @ 40 Knots & Juro snaps THE picture. Bisides, who wants to be the second one on the Rip? I hope it comes out!