Rethinking the Bone Clave breakfast thing.. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rethinking the Bone Clave breakfast thing..

mikez
09-14-2007, 02:58 PM
As the time draws near and I begin to access the logistics of what I need to bring and what I need to buy, the whole breakfast idea starts to lose its luster. I'm thinking granola bars and instant coffee. I know I was the one talking it up big so if too many are disappointed I'll reconsider. Otherwise I say save space and money and put in more time on the water.

Lefty
09-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey Mike,
I thought we left it off there anyway. I'm with you. We'll do some eggs here and there too (eggs and salsa tues :Eyecrazy: )

vtloon
09-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Eggs & Salsa AKA the "poor man's huevos rancheros". I'll bring a jar of Green Mountain Gringo salsa. (Once did a 5 month stint in Beeville, Texas...huevos rancheros and refried all but 6 mornings ..........heaven!).

nmbrowncom
09-14-2007, 10:37 PM
instant coffee? why not just heat up the water from the bay?

juro
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Dunkin' Donuts, baywater same thing. :lildevl:

Myself I will stop at Mashpee Commons for come Costa Rican peaberry ground for my REI camp french press. They also had a plastic flask so I got one of those too.

No need to be uncivilized though we'll be in the 'deep woods' ;);) ;)

(either way is fine for me - powerbars or crabmeat souffle)

JimW
09-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Instant coffee is quicker, but I'll do you one better. Gave it up completely. I remember a few boneclaves ago when coffee was scarce we made a run to menemsha.

Bigcat
09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
You can always run over to the Black Dog :D

mikez
09-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Not that I'm uncivilized, I have an old fashion percolator that brews a passable cuppa on the camp stove. Problem is it only holds the equivelent of one morning dose for a caffeine junky like myself. :Eyecrazy: Takes too long as well.
The instant "tea bag" style coffee isn't too bad, better than gas station or convienience store brew. One big pot of water and everybody gets their cup.
But if people are too refined to drink my blue collar brew, and Jim doesn't need it, I'll just get me a box of NoDos and we'll be on the water while the rest of you fuss with your cappachino machines.:lildevl:

JimW
09-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Just because I gave up the java doesn't mean I don't remember the need. If it takes a few more minutes to boil some water, so be it. I usually cook up some eggs to start with a good breakfast, takes like 10 minutes. I agree that the big breakfast feed can take too much time, if everyone does there own thing it goes much quicker.

nmbrowncom
09-16-2007, 08:58 AM
i hear ya mike, but do you really expect juro to be able to properly start his day without his costa rican peaberry diet double latte mocha capuccino with 2%? uncivilised.

Jim Miller
09-16-2007, 09:47 AM
so where.... did you say we plug in the Microwave and coffee pot? :)

mikez
09-16-2007, 09:52 AM
i hear ya mike, but do you really expect juro to be able to properly start his day without his costa rican peaberry diet double latte mocha capuccino with 2%? uncivilised.

Not as long as he brings enough of those dainty little cups for everyone!:lildevl:

Lefty
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
There is only one definitive way to brew excellent coffee *fast* in camp: The French Press. I have one and can crank out 4 cups pronto. Juro's makes a few more, the rest of you can drink decaf earl grey!

Lefty

mikez
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
OK OK, I admit it!
I was only trying to get everyone interested in instant coffe so I could be first in line at Lefty's French Press.:hihi: