Tomorrow is my father's birthday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tomorrow is my father's birthday

polareyez
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Happy birthday dad! (Paxton) :chuckle: Best wishes to someone who's fishing skills are bested by only his story telling skills.... I don't want to say he's aging but, he's stopped buying green bananas...:chuckle: Have a great day!

n1gdo
09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Great fishing with you on S.Monomoy....

Happy 39th

FishHawk
09-12-2007, 04:36 PM
You know he's old when you won't reveal his age. But I hear he can out walk you on the Flats.:lildevl: Happy Birthday Paxton. :hihi: FishHawk

Warren
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Happy Birthday Paxton:smokin:

Paxton
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks gentlemen for the well wishes....you too Garry. Maybe you can learn how to be nice from Bill :hihi:
Ron
PS: For the record, one of our remaining 3 bananas is green! Must be Carol's :)

jimS
09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Ron, you don't look 59, but I remember when you did. Happy birthday. Did Carol and Amy have a big whopee for you?

See you on the flats, soon, I hope - the clock is ticking.

flydoc
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Happy B-day, big guy....any unmarried fly-fishing daughters left at home looking for a nice (but unfortunately poor) doc to hook up with?:devil:
Flydoc
P.S. - Dr. Neil Cannon in Holden or any of the folks at the Barre Health Center can be called in as character references if you require....

Paxton
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Jim....I was told by an x-friend to say that "I am 59 with 3 years experience"
I also do remember what I looked like in my 50's...just renewed my license....who is that person in the other picture? :-)
Haven't been down to the Cape....sad to say my "part time"work is getting in the way....there is such a thing as part time pay...but no such thing as a part time project.
Flydoc...sorry..only one daughter, but she has THE ring.....by the way...Dr. Cannon was my wife's doctor about 2O years ago. Small world.

striblue
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Happy Birthday...Ron...you old foggy:wink:

juro
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Now that it's officially tomorrow... happy birthday Mr.Paxton!

bonefishmon
09-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Ron. Jim couldn't have said it better. You look younger. Could it be all that walking you are doing in preperation for your flats experiences? Maybe it's because I didn't see you in those over the glasses Polaroids I see so often on Soc. Security Check Day at Foxwoods. Ha! Just kidding! Happy Birthday Ron.

Phil

Paxton
09-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks again......it's official...received a Garmin GPS60 for my birthday:)
Now I have to figure out if family bought it for me to use on the flats of Monomoy so that I won't be lost if a fog came in....or....for finding my way multiple times a night to the bathroom. Question...why does "way point" #1 say..."this is where you live " ? :hihi:

vtloon
09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Happy Birthday Ron. A GPS isn't bad. Last year I turned 60, and my kids sent me a coffee cup that said "Old Fart".

jimS
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Ron, it may be a subtle way of saying Alzheimers has set in; but then, you wouldn't remember the waypoint. That is a great gift, especially where we fish, and the fog rolls in...

PopnesetBay
09-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Ron, congratulations on reaching the third anniverary of your 59th B-day. That is one great present you got and I think it requires at least 96 hours, on the flats with Mr. Simms, practicing not only putting in waypoints and labeling them but also retracing your steps, waypoint to waypoint. Better to be comfortable doing that in good weather and in the company of another, than to do it for the first time in "pea soup" and an incoming tide. Schedule you training session now! Enjoy and get the line tight!

Pete Readel

Paxton
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I totally agree Pete...I want to master using the GPS and then hope that I never have to use it. Got caught in the fog once 3 years ago....scarry! Was taking no risk...a sunny day and within miniutes I was surrounded by fog which formed suddenly and unexpectantly...if that happens again at least I won't have to rely on luckily bumping into the boat of a clammer who was laying up for the same reason.

FishHawk
09-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Garry I'll give you $50 for Ron's waypoints . :hihi: :chuckle: FishHawk

Paxton
09-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Bill...save your money...just ask :)

teflon_jones
09-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Happy Birthday! :)

polareyez
09-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Garry I'll give you $50 for Ron's waypoints . :hihi: :chuckle: FishHawk

All his waypoints will be sand dunes....:chuckle: His family gave it to him for home use because the bungee cord on his pj's wore out....:hihi: