BoneClave Boats and Riders List [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BoneClave Boats and Riders List

Lefty
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
ALMOST THERE- 2 SLOTS LEFT TO FILL, Boat guys recheck your seating and let me know if you can ferry/fish anymore for Sunday. Riders should contact their ride for meeting times at the ramp

I know there are adequate slots left, I'm waiting for last minute cancellations and to hear from everyone. We will get you guys out to the gear drop off to fish the morning jetty at least or better. We're looking good.

OK here is what we have:
- Riders , you will be assigned a boat to get you out to the gear drop off, and, at the boat owners discretion, if there is room fish with them as well that first morning.

- Q has volunteered to watch a Wacky beach gear dump (thank you Quentin) and we may have others there too. I will be an alternate on the gear watch if problems arise.

- I will PM mine and Jim W cell number in case anyone gets stranded at the ramp

-Anyone who wants to can send me their cell (this goes both ways when the fish are biting )

Boat Owners,..Spots,..Riders ,..Days

BigCat......2,Shadfreak, Su
Jim W.......1, Mike Z.,Su- M-Tu
Jim Miller...,..., Fishhawk+Vtloon
Hawkeye..1,John Morin,bro +dad?..,...
nmbrown..1, Juro
Larry S..... 2, , Su- M-Tu
Greg D.....,...,Josh, Brandon
Grego.......2,...,...,...
Tom D......1....Aaron

Small boats (ferry service to and around jetty etc.)

Terry W....1,...,...Su-M-Tu
Quentin...1,...,...,Su-M-Tu

Jim Miller
09-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Todd (VtLoon) is on my boat all days. Fish Hawk on Sunday

nmbrowncom
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
lefty, slots for what? transporting or fishing? i know that juro is riding with me to washburn. i suspect we'll fish some together, but i also presume that he'll be in demand. i'll speak with him and get back. i expect to be at the ramp early sunday a.m. so, i can shuttle others as well on sunday. i expect to leave wed a.m.

Lefty
09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
nmbrown,
Can you fish 1 more? Will you be around for the whole 3 days?

Thanks

juro
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I have a long-standing love affair with the jetty and beach I need to maintain... so just put me on the corner anytime you need an opening.

I have hooked and/or landed bass, blues, spanish, albies, king mack - all from the jetty or beach over the years. Everything but a bonito from the shore.

This may be the year :)

Quentin
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I, too, am perfectly happy on the jetty, and my boat gives me the option to cross back and forth between jetties if necessary. I can also use the boat inside the bay and sometimes even venture just outside the bay to fish the protected area on the west side if the current, wind, waves and boat traffic aren't too bad.

Q

nmbrowncom
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
lefty, i am open to taking 1 more, but i also expect to do some fishing from the shore pretty much on an ad hoc basis. however, when i do go out on the boat i am happy to take another person. also, i'll let you know when i expect p leave the dock on sunday morning. i am confident that i can take 3 others to the camp when i leave falmouth. i expect that it will be early but we've not yet decided. as of now, i do expect to be around for the entire 3 days.

JimW
09-11-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't mean to muck up the thread but here's something to consider.

FWIW - I saw the bonito running really fast up and down the inside of the East jetty after the break. I'm not sure if the break can be safely crossed but we could not target these fish from the boat. I think some blink casting parallel to the rocks might pay off. Not once did these fish show on top, but on our fast drifts you couldn't miss them torpedoing through the water. Not sure if the bonito will still be around but i would imagine the albies might also exhibit this behavior.
There have been years when the sea conditions had us all either taking a break at camp or putting in some jetty time. It's good to be prepared for that scenario.

Lefty
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Ya love that jetty action. I can remember days driving boats all over the Vineyard looking for fish. Come back to the jetty and there they are (more than once too!).
I'll be over there too if need be. I'm bringing a new guy into the forum who is a fine fly fisherman from Conn. So I will probably ride with him to show him our favorite spots in the sound.
It looks like we should be able to get everyone out. No need to put people on the jetty when there are empty boat slots.
At this point I could back away from getting day 1 boat slots organized. As I said, days 2 and 3 are best worked out once we are out there. I too can't stand an over orchestrated event. But there is a tradition here of sharing your boat slots with the group. We should at least get everyone out to the island/jetty for Sunday morning.

Lefty

Smcdermott
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Lefty,

Unfortunately I will most likely not be attending. I would take me off the list.

Sean

Lefty
09-13-2007, 12:43 PM
All right guys, let's get this going again. We still have to get a few people out to the island/ jetty. So speak up (if you haven't already) if you can ride someone out on Sunday. If we can pair up those who need a lift that would be great. Then this thing is pretty much all set. Please respond if you haven't.

Lefty

JimW
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I can take another in the AM on a ferry run, that's a slow putter anyway. My problem with 3 is getting it up on plane in a reasonable amount of time and that's not an issue for the run to the island or a jetty drop off.
I was shooting for being at the ramp ~ 5:45 load the gear drop off, etc.. and still catch some of first light to nail the bass, then go for the slam.

It doesn't make sense for all the boats to try and launch at once, especially at Childs.

Anyone scoped out the other ramp for parking? Can cars and trailers park on the side of the road there?

Based on the other ramp info it looks like I'll be picking up MikeZ at the Lot on 28 and launching from the Great river ramp, so while ferrying a third wouldn't be a problem, getting them and their gear to the great river ramp would be.

Hawkeye
09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I plan on a pre sunrise launch and fishing immediately then a run back to the truck to pick up gear and set up camp stuff around noon. Check out is at 11am from what I understand and I'll be able to leave the gear safely in my brothers SUV for the later pick-up. This way I get to fish sooner and I wont be bothering anyone at the campsite at 6am. At this point I have John Morrin and my brother in the boat for AM fishing. My dad may be comming as well so that will make 4 meaning one person will be taking a break while the other three fish. Monday and Tuesday I can take two people if my dad doesn't make it and one person if he does. As far as gear shuttles go, when I get back for my noon set-up I will be willing to shuttle some folks. I can also drop some people at the jetty in the morning on the way out.

mikez
09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
That's a good point about not bothering sleeping campers at 6 AM.
A chance at first fish of the clave is another bonus for early starters.;)
Does anyone use the ramp at green pond? I haven't been there in a few years but it's a much shorter run to the sound then a short run on plane over to Washburn, Parking lot is smaller I think.

shadfreak
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Just tell me what time and where to pick me up. I hope to be on a Rip trip trip on Sat. so will be on the Cape and can meet any time that boaters wish.
Shadfreak aka Larry

Lefty
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I agree about not waking campers. Excellent idea too about leaving gear back at the lot Hawkeye. Another idea is to leave the gear on the beach at the wacky jetty with a volunteer to guard it. If 1 guy could just devote the morning to fishing the jetty while keeping an eye on the gear we could do a dump there. There's plenty of beach space and really no rangers or anything. IT would be a shame to have to head all the way back up to the ramp.

Larry, be there early and we'll put you on the first open slot that comes up.
I will PM my cell to everyone and if anyone gets stranded at the ramp we'll get a boat there later in the morning.

Quentin
09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm going to try to get to the ramp as early as possible on Sunday. Not sure exactly when that will be, but I'm shooting for first light. I'm planning to park my loaded boat just inside the jetty and will be fishing where I can keep an eye on it. I'll be happy to guard the gear dump from the time I arrive until I head back to the site around noon, as long as people leave their stuff high enough on the beach so that I don't have to keep moving it as the tide comes in :hihi: . High tide is 8:40am at Falmouth Heights, so put your stuff well above the high tide mark because I'm sure there will be plenty of boat wakes as well.

Q

PS, I will not be able to take any passengers until I unload the boat, so I can't take anyone on the first trip to or from the jetty.

JimW
09-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Fish first, camp later - I like it.
Mike, I'll PM you.
When I was there last month we used the Eel pond entrance I think it's a bit quicker than wacky if you're already in the sound if your heading back in to White's.
I may take my chances at the other ramp.

Lefty
09-14-2007, 09:00 AM
OK here is what we have:

- Riders show up early at the ramp and we will put you in whatever boat has a slot with the assumption that you will be lifted to the Wacky jetty for morning fishing unless you have arrangements to fish that boat.

- Q has volunteered to watch a Wacky beach gear dump (thank you Quentin) and we may have others there too.

- I will PM mine and Jim W cell number in case anyone gets stranded at the ramp

-Anyone who wants to can send me their cell (this goes both ways when the fish are biting :) )

shadfreak
09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Lefty
Is Whites Landing the place you want me at or the other one on the other side.
Larry

Lefty
09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Whites is the main man. IF slots open elsewhere we'll send riders there. For now let's plan on White's.

mikez
09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Jim,
fish early and try for the slam? I like it! We are definately on the same page!:wink:

tomd
09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Lefty I'll be there Sunday, and maybe stay till early on monday. at this point only basser is probably on board, I can take another or more for the beach dropoff.

Tom D

Lefty
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok Tom can Fred A can take the lift out to the Jetty/grear drop.

Lefty
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
list moved to top

juro
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Lefty I'll be there Sunday, and maybe stay till early on monday. at this point only basser is probably on board, I can take another or more for the beach dropoff.

Tom D

Tom -

The streak continues - welcome to the 100% club. :smokin:

Lefty
09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Tom,
Fred A is not attending I would like to assign to you the next on the list-Aaron. Aaron is bringing some nice BBQ from his restaurant, slurp. Can you get him out to the Gear Drop? I'll pencil it in.

Hawkeye
09-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Papa G, my dad, is in so I will be able to take 1 additional person on Monday and Tuesday. My dad needs to leave by noonish on Tuesday so if I fish the afternoon on Tuesday I will be able to take 2. I'm not sure if I will be doing this or not yet though.

striblue
09-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Greg.... I am on the fence as of right now...I will know tonight whether I can be down on Sunday. I will be in Chatham on Saturday and have to settle some things at home here with my kids.

tomd
09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Terry, I'm definately able to take Aaron. I can take one more also. I'll be packing light due to only staying one night.

Lefty
09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Tom for helping. I believe we are set.

tomd
09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Terry, can you email the boatowners cell phone #'s so we can co-ordinate?

Lefty
09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes sir. On it's way

Hawkeye
09-20-2007, 03:09 PM
There's still time for things to change but if the wind keeps to it's promised near 20kts on Tuesday then I will likely not fish that day. While I can easily/safely handle 3 foot seas it just isn't all that fun. Add fly casting in the bobbing/blowing conditions and the fun/relaxation part of the equation goes down even further.

Lefty
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
The last 24 hours I have been informed of many cancellations for a multitude of reasons. That is routine for the Boneclave.
I will be there from beginning to end no matter what happens (short of torrential weather outbursts). All we need to do is get through Sunday and the rest will handle itself from the island.
Check out time on tuesday is 11:00 anyway. Years past we've had enough by then.
Maybe it won't be honking at dawn for tues. morning. We'll see.

I was trying to remember: did we ever do 3 nights on Washburn before?

JimW
09-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Sean R and I did an extended clave,getting a 4th day in.
Who's bailing?

jfbasser
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Terry, can you email the boatowners cell phone #'s so we can co-ordinate?

Tom, check your PMs

grizz0707
09-20-2007, 07:04 PM
:frown: i can not make this trip please give my spot to someone Jims maybe we can get together on sunday

Lefty
09-21-2007, 07:09 AM
I wasn't aware of your spot, who's boat were you on?

tomd
09-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I'll be all packed up on Monday morning and will go back to camp about noon to get my gear and hit the ramp after that. anyone wishing to leave Monday at that time, let me know at the clave. Terry, that way I can remove some of the camp trash as well.

Tom D

p.s. basser, check your messages

tomd
09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
ok, I just got offered a place to stay in Cotuit tonight so I'm outta here... see you all at the clave

Tom D

striblue
09-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Gregg...I can not make the trip on Sunday... so please fill my spot with someone who may be unassigned...I will PM you later...John