Bass River Fish are in! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bass River Fish are in!

Lefty
05-03-2000, 08:08 AM
Guys,
Just read a report on Bass River at ground zero. Yesterday "full bellied" stripers caught up to 26". Lots of them.
Weather to be Sunny 60s there!!!

And to think a few days ago...snow, it couldnt' have turned around any better than it did. We deserve it. We work hard, we care for our families, let's have a ball. Clean living.

TerryW

Roop
05-03-2000, 09:53 AM
"Clean living"?

Who's going to have time to bathe?

Plus, I think it's gonna be little complicated getting into the shower once I've duct-taped the fly rod to my hand for the weekend.

I'll bring extra tape!

Roop

grego
05-03-2000, 05:48 PM
Yeah Baby!

Break out the shorts & sun screen! I am totally Juiced!

i'm so outta here
05-03-2000, 06:45 PM
Lightening never strikes twice... oh wait, that's completely wrong. It does strike twice in the same spot because of ionic charge - the very same force that makes stripers feed. Quite facinating.
http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif
We are going to fish our Mr. Spock asses off. I'm amped!

al

Bob Pink
05-03-2000, 08:56 PM
I'm charging up my ion generator right now Al. Can't wait to make it happen this weekend Y'all! Go Baby! (sorry, that's a different generator....)

juro
05-04-2000, 02:22 AM
Awesome news! Let's all keep in mind that they move around quick this time of year... strafe one beach one tide and hit the next on the other. I guess there will be a number of coastal attack vehicles available so this will be less of a problem but for those who are shore bound it's something to keep in mind.

Also there are a lot of herring in certain rivers providing a shot at the big stuff even though it's schoolie heaven when you find the pack.

Let's hope for calm winds and seas and waves of stripers!

(I'll be working a full day on Friday and will probably drive down Sat AM e-a-r-l-y)