cabela's LSR fly reel. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: cabela's LSR fly reel.

dead fly
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
I was at cabela's today and seen that there LSR fly reels are on sale. There like 80.00 to 100.00 off! So I was thinking of picking one up. Before I did I thought I'd ask if anyone here is using one. And what they thought.
Thank you _Duane

JimW
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I think the Cabelas stuff might be made by Ross. I had one of their reels for a couple years but literally blew out the drag on big blues. They gave me credit towards another I think the csr? that's holding up better but it's a you get what you pay for proposition.

BTW if you want a spare spool for it, get one now because when the go on sale like that it's most likely just prior to discontinuing the line.

dead fly
09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I belive the lsr is a step up from the csr reel. It has a carbon fiber disk drive drag system.

JimW
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Used mine this morning, the drag is still working. I hooked something decent while playing with the schoolies, popped the hook but it screamed for a short while.:smokin: I'll blow it up good at the boneclave. Like a said, get a spool while you can.

dead fly
09-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Dont know. The spools for that reel is like 75.00. So I dont know how many of them I'll get. If I do buy the reel... havnt decided yet.