Tying the knot [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tying the knot

Dave17
09-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Gentlemen,

This is it, I'm tying the knot this upcoming weekend! It could be at risk to time on the water but she's a great girl and I'm a lucky man.

I've been MIA for the last couple weeks. The wedding planning gets a little out of control and there hasn't been much time for anything else. I'll be out of the country for the month of September and just wanted to hit on a couple of things:

1. Yardstick Contest - We'll settle up toward the end of October. I have everyone's flies and we're ready to go. In my absence you may want to start a discussion to establish the winners (or leaders in the various categories). I'll get everything organized when I return.

2. CT. 9/6/07 - DblHaul, Adrian, Phil and the rest of the CT guys. I was lucky enough to grab access to a 24' Grady for some of my wedding festivities. I'll be taking my groomsmen out of Groton Long Point to wet a line this week. Any recommendations on where to go? (I know the sound pretty well in that area.) Are things starting to heat up? Feel free to PM me, all UDL's will be kept that way........ Thanks in advance.

3. Acklins - Wrke and Jim Simms - if anything comes up financially could you let Bob know that I'll pay him as soon as I get back. I'm definitely in, you may not hear from me until October, but I'll be there.

4. Forum slide show - Keep sending me pictures, it's slowly coming together. My email is dkopij@gmail.com.

It's been an absolute pleasure to fish with all of you guys over the last few years. I wish everybody a safe and insanely fishy fall:lildevl: ,

David:smokin:

FishHawk
09-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm sure she'll let you enjoy your fishing. Congratulations . FishHawk

wrke
09-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Dave
Congratulations and have a wonderful month. Last weekend we attended the wedding of our youngest daughter. Incredible, wonderful weekend. I hope the same for you guys. This week I head to New Brunswick and the Gaspé to chase salmon, but if anything comes up (re: Bob) we'll handle it . . . I'l be connected. All my best.
Bill

jimS
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Dave, all the best and don't think about anything but your bride for the next month. We've got things covered. See ya soon, and again congratulations. Knowing your mom and dad now, they've got to be very proud for the "big one" with their son.

FredA
09-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Congratulations Dave and best wishes.

juro
09-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Hey Kopij -

HARDTAILS EVERYWHERE DOWN THERE

Insane numbers of breaking hardtails yesterday you should be in fat city

look for walls of whitewater breaks that are up and down for bonito, airborne footballs for albies and the less explosive breaks are blues

Bass were probably tight to shore but we could not leave the hardtails to find out

I'll give a call later

Congratulations on your "trophy catch" she's a keeper.

Adrian
09-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey, congrats' dude, like, seriously cool man :smokin:

Hope to see you (and your new bride?) at Springclave '08!

GregD
09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi Dave,

Congratulations, and best wishes.

While there can be trying times ahead, there is nothing like a blissful relationship.

I hope you'll have a happy and lasting marriage.

Good luck.

Greg.

petevicar
09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Good luck Dave.
Try not to party too much the day before and get to the church on time.

Pete

Dble Haul
09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Dave- First, congratulations. Second, if you're in the Groton area, you can't go wrong with heading to Fishers Island. The waters all around the island and the rips associated with them are very good right now.

grizz0707
09-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Dave,
Best wishes to both of you. i hope to to go to acklins this year

striblue
09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Congrats!...I wish both of you health and happiness!

sean
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Congrats man. Definitely one of the smarter things I have ever done and no regrets.

-sean

Striper
09-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Dave,
Congrats on the nuptials. I would check around Fishers first thing and then head easterly towards Charlestown. I wouldn't go further than that and if the urge strikes you head over to the Point (Montauk) the Albies have made thier appearance over there and it is never a bad idea to fish over there. With the 24' you can go just about anywhere so look around. There were Bones and Albies as of Thursday around Newport/Pt. Judith but they have since thinned out but my friends got into more Bones on Sunday around Fishers and Charlestown.