question about umpqua glide dressing box [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: question about umpqua glide dressing box

DARKSCOPE001
08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
alright guys this is just a random question this is not even a question about a product i was just wondering if you guys could tel me something about a product i already bought. I ordered the glide dressing box from cabellas. my order finaly arived today and I opended it up and i got 6 dresssing boxes. Is this right? or did cabelas mess up and send me to many? I dident get charged any more. and How much line dressing do you put on when you put it in the dressing box

THANKS
Sean Scott

Smolt
08-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Cabela's seems to have made an error. You only need one box. Put a small amount -- you can always add more -- on one set of pads (top and bottom that come together when box is closed) in the line the fly line will follow when drawn through the box. Leave the other set of pads dry. Draw the fly line through the box with the fly line touching the wet pads first. That's it.

I like Glide and have used it for years.

DARKSCOPE001
08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
cool so i made out like a bandit! and thanks for the tip I kinda knew that i should have had one set of pads dry and one wet with dressing. do you apply the dressing to the wet fly line when you come off the river or do you apply it before your first cast?

THANKS
Sean Scott

Smolt
08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I do it both ways depending upon how much time I have and how dirty the water is. My preference is to wash the line, dry the line, and then apply the Glide. I leave the Glide on overnight and then gently buff the line with a clean cloth.