Need Advice for Boston Area Waterfront Hotel/motel - with easy access to flyfishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Need Advice for Boston Area Waterfront Hotel/motel - with easy access to flyfishing

PhilaBill
08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Traveling with Friend to Boston Area for Rowing Regatta (Head of the Charles) - Oct 18 - 21st. Friend is Rower, I'm Fly fisherman. Have fished North Shore area in past years ( West Beach - Singing Beach ) and South Shore (Hingham - Worlds End).
Due to recent Stroke from complications of Heart Value surgery - lost ALL my peripheral vision to the right - so can't drive....but can still FISH!!! and am physically healthy

Looking for accomadations where I can walk out from Hotel/Motel ( in my waders, Basket & Rod) and fly fish.
After extensive research ( Google Earth is great for identifying waterfront hotels/Motels) - here are some of what I found that may fit my fishing requirements:

South shore:
- Clarion Nantasket Beach Resort Hotel and Spa (Hull)
- Marston Inn (Hull)
- Winthrop Arms Hotel Inc (Winthrop)

North Shore:
-One Kimball (B & B) - Marblehead ( at Marblehead Light)
-Bass Rocks Ocean Inn - Gloucester
-Atlantis Motor Inn - Gloucester
-Gloucester by the Sea
-Twin Light manor - Gloucester
-Good Harbor Beach Inn - Gloucester

Would welcome comments, recommendations/suggestions, etc

Thanks, Bill (Philadelphia, Pa)

nmbrowncom
08-29-2007, 05:53 AM
hit or miss at the clarion. it's on the south side of the beach. plenty of bird action close by. but often too far out. late yesterday afternoon-hit. other spots within 5-10 minute drive

t.kelly
08-29-2007, 06:14 AM
The Clarion in Hull is right across the street from the beach. If the peanut bunker are around the fish could be breaking anywhere along the 3 miles of beach. The Nantasket Beach Inn (115 nantasket ave.) is also across the street from the southern most end of the beach. There is a large outcroping of rocks that you can fish at low tide or the beach on higher tides.