RipTrip September 8???? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RipTrip September 8????

striblue
08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Can we get enough guys for an attempt at the Rip on Saturday September 8th? The tides are not minus, but the not too much plus either ,with a high at the point at about 10:30 am... so we have an outgoing until about 4:30.... not bad. I am down in Chatham right now and will go out tomorrow morning to South beach and speak with Keith.....but we might as well start the list anyway. Got a report today from Cross Rip Outfitters on Nantucket that FA's were caught off Geat Point.

flydoc
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
John- I'd be up for it....we'll have to get together the night before to do the native "Mung Dance"...to ward off the evil spirits that threaten to clog the shoreline with the foul weed:mad:
Flydoc

Warren
08-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Drat it all John! I just told a couple of kids yesterday I would go to their wedding reception & have a beer or two with them on the 8th. I cannot back out now, they would kill me:wink: and was looking forward to another Rip Trip too

I suppose I could do the Mung Dance with the bride...:D :smokin:

Quentin
08-27-2007, 09:59 PM
. . . I suppose I could do the Mung Dance with the bride...:D :smokin:

:chuckle:

Q

FishHawk
08-28-2007, 05:37 AM
I'm in. Hope we can do the trip. FishHawk:D

bonefishmon
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
John. I'm in the same position as Warren. This Saturday would have been possible.

Phil

Sean Juan
08-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Sign me up...in pencil...just need to confirm a date but I think its all good.

striblue
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Spoke to Keith this morning and fished with Paxton and JSimms.... Keith does not think that weekend will work for him...let me know if anyone can make it Friday, the day before, Sept.7th?...otherwise we are into the next weekend...

Warren
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
John, I can make Friday the 7th work I am 99% sure. The Social Director, otherwise know as my wife informed me that the wedding I was referring to above is this weekend & I have to meet my father on the 8th. Good thing she is around to keep me straight:hihi: I planned on coming down the 15th anyway

jimS
08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Spoke to Keith this morning and fished with Paxton and JSimms.... Keith does not think that weekend will work for him...let me know if anyone can make it Friday, the day before, Sept.7th?...otherwise we are into the next weekend...

John, you know I'm in if the tuna thing is not on.

n1gdo
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I am in the process of booking a hotel room in Chatham...if it comes through I will be there on the 7th and if you all don't mind an amateur tagging along I would like to join you...

thanks

FishHawk
08-29-2007, 05:41 AM
I could do Fri. the 7th unless something come up. FishHawk

Warren
08-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Frank,

I don't think having a beginner along is much of a problem as long as you have taxi fair, fly rod & carry lots of food for the rest of us:chuckle: :chuckle:

Just kidding about the food:D , your welcome to go along as far as I am concerned. Just be warned, it may be a fishing bonanza or a skunk fest. Or something in between. Only time will tell. I will however be fun ..... even if Flydoc catches all the fish

n1gdo
08-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the chuckle Warren...

Well it looks like the new guy will be the pack mule for the food! I am perfect for the job .. strong back and weak mind.

Will try to firm up my vacation / hotel plans today.

Paxton
08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
John...I'm in for the 7th. Looking forward to it fish or not.
Ron

flydoc
08-29-2007, 10:42 AM
It will however be fun ..... even if Flydoc catches all the fish

Not this time, buddy...I can't go on a weekday, and Keith apparently put the kibosh on a Sat/Sun trip for that weekend. Will have to catch the next weekend trip (unless it's the last weekend of Sept, as I'll be on call again).
Jim

striblue
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I will not be in Chatham during the labor day weekend...so,let's see what we have on Monday, labor Day as far as numbers are concerned... shooting for that Friday...Sept 7... then we should shoot for the following Saturday.... otherwise we will be past mid September and we are running out of time...

Paxton
08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
John...you might want to consider bumping the thread up to say...Sept 7th Rip Trip. Some folks may be seeing the title 9/8 and not going any further.
Ron

Warren
08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Not this time, buddy...I can't go on a weekday, and Keith apparently put the kibosh on a Sat/Sun trip for that weekend. Will have to catch the next weekend trip (unless it's the last weekend of Sept, as I'll be on call again).
Jim

What Kind of Doctor are you anyway? Don't all Doctors play golf on Wednesday & fish on Friday?:D