Rip Trip -- Sat. August 11 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip -- Sat. August 11


striblue
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Spoke to Keith tonight and the Boat is ready to go having passed the CG inspection today. I will see him tomorrow and go out at 8. He has cleared a Rip Trip for Saturday, August 11...with back up the 12th.... We need 10 people for $30 each...If we have 6 and do not go to the rip he will take us down to the midway point... I am looking forward to the south point though..... sign up here ASAP.

flydoc
08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm a go for either day.
Flydoc

FishHawk
08-07-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm in for Sat. hope we can go to the tip. FishHawk:D
Will the start time be at 7am. ?

Warren
08-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Looks like I can make it, sign me up

bonefishmon
08-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Slate is full for me on both days. Have a great trip!

Phil

vtloon
08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Week-end still blocked. Could make 13th,14th, 17th or 18th.

juro
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I will be at the Newport Jazz Festival that day but hope you guys have a banner outing.

striblue
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Bump this up... Is everyone playing golf?...I like Golf as much as everyone else... but our winters are long... we need 10 for the rip or 6 for mid way...we meet at 7 am.... If we don't get 10...I certainly am willing to pay more if numbers don't equal 10..... with 6 the cost to the south tip would be $50 per person...only $20 more than the $30 for 10... we have four right now... can we get 2 more... and are the 5 others willing to pay the $50 to go to the Rip????

FredA
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I may be in. I will confirm by tommorow.

Warren
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Bump this up... Is everyone playing golf?...I like Golf as much as everyone else... but our winters are long... we need 10 for the rip or 6 for mid way...we meet at 7 am.... If we don't get 10...I certainly am willing to pay more if numbers don't equal 10..... with 6 the cost to the south tip would be $50 per person...only $20 more than the $30 for 10... we have four right now... can we get 2 more... and are the 5 others willing to pay the $50 to go to the Rip????

John I'll pony up the extra ching if need be. $50 is still cheeper than owning, insuring & maintaining a boat large enough to get out there, for a handful of weekends that I could use it. Not to mention the expense if towing it down there, it is bargain to me. Even if the fishing is mediocre, the company is sure worth the trip.

vtloon
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Re' Warren's comments: I second. Now all I have to do is find dates that work.

FishHawk
08-08-2007, 05:32 AM
50 is a little high for me. But if we have to I'll be willing . FishHawk

Guernseybass
08-08-2007, 07:02 AM
john, i am still interested. i will find out tonight if i am able to make it.


mark

striblue
08-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok, we still have time to get 10 anyway... I got a PM from one guy asking if he can just show up since he can not commit until Friday night or even Sat AM...that's fine.... now that the boat accomadates 20 we have that luxury. If Fred , Mark, VTloon and JoeJ (PM guy) can make it we now would have 8.....

Paxton
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
John, I'm out for this saturday...I didn't want to write before and say maybe. Best of luck to all who go!!
Ron

FredA
08-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry, can't make it Saturday. John, make some room in your pm box.

Smcdermott
08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Just a quick heads up that the weather might not be too cooperating...Sunday's looking good but Saturday could be a bear

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
332 AM EDT THU AUG 9 2007
COASTAL WATERS FROM THE MERRIMACK RIVER MA TO WATCH HILL RI OUT TO
25 NM
ANZ232-091930-
/O.ROU.KBOX.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
NANTUCKET SOUND-
332 AM EDT THU AUG 9 2007

TODAY
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NE 10 TO 15 KT LATE THIS
MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

TONIGHT
SE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS AROUND 2 FT.

FRI
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP
TO 20 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE
OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

FRI NIGHT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO
3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SAT
NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

SAT NIGHT
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS
2 TO 3 FT.

SUN
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW IN THE LATE AFTERNOON AND
OVERNIGHT. SEAS AROUND 2 FT.

striblue
08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
OK Fred, I will do that.... Sean, Keith and I are watching the weather that's why we have the back up date for Sunday..or a trip to the mid-way on either day...we will also try during the following week. I am trying to gather interest in the trips and didn't know you were interested in going as well. Let me know if you are planning on jioning us...John

Penguin
08-09-2007, 01:09 PM
...sign me up for Sunday!

Smcdermott
08-09-2007, 01:40 PM
OK Fred, I will do that.... Sean, Keith and I are watching the weather that's why we have the back up date for Sunday..or a trip to the mid-way on either day...we will also try during the following week. I am trying to gather interest in the trips and didn't know you were interested in going as well. Let me know if you are planning on jioning us...John


John,

Sorry for the confusion. No Cape trips for me in the near future...at least not for bass. Just wanted to give those looking to make the trip a heads up if they don't normally check the marine forecast every ten minutes like I do!


Sean

striblue
08-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks Sean, very kind of you to do that and thinking of us beach walkers and Cape Bass guys....;)

Warren
08-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I saw that forecast yesterday but was reluctant to say anything or throw in the towel just yet, things can change rapidly Vis a vis the weather.
I can go Sunday the 12th as well. So far next week is not looking good for me John, but the following week end 18th- 19th or one day later that week can be made flexible. Work is crazy right now. Usually I am slow this time of year.....go figure. I wanna go fishing & the dang phone rings :confused:

I'll wait till Friday night & see what the verdict is for the weather

striblue
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks Warren, Yes... wait till the night before and we will know then... and, we do have the back up day. Planning based on the weather for these is somewhat useless since we have had to cancel before on perfect days because of anticipated strong SW winds which picked up in the after midnight hours... so it means nothing. Anyway we have Sunday and we can go to the midway point with any number of guys for $15 each which I will confirm.

juro
08-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I like the NE wind on the lee of SB and in this case SM. The Capt'n would know best about navigation to that pocket in the new S.S. Badass but from shore it's typically nice inside and virgin waters are always exciting.

kush
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Howdy Striblue, Penguin, Juro and all you East Coasters!

I just finished packing my gear for a 10 day guiding stint for salmon in BC's Queen Charlotte Islands and reading about the hubbub of a Rip Trip I can't help but recall my introduction to Atlantic Coast fishing. I broke my striper and bluefish cherry in the rip at the tip of Monomoy ... I remember it like it was yesterday (I also remember the long hot march through the sand 'cause Captain Keith couldn't get to where he dropped us off).

Anyway, I can't wait until the next time I get to make that trip... good luck gentlemen.

FrankF
08-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Hello John:

I am in for this Saturday (8/11) or Sunday (8/12) wherever Keith wants to take us. Sorry for the late reply.

Frank

striblue
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Ok Frank, I am in Plymouth right now (Fri AM) and will be in Chatham this evening...I will call Keiththis afternoon and check things out like weather and wind....for saturday.... if Sat does not work we will try Sunday.

CSJ60
08-10-2007, 02:09 PM
You can put me down for Saturday

striblue
08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
OK, I just spoke with Keith and WE ARE ON for tomorrow morning with a scheduled departure for 7AM.... the cost is $30 each...Here is the plan. We have , as I type, Me, Warren, Flydoc , FrankF, CJS60, FishHawk . That's 6. If we want to go to the Rip the total cost is $300 split 6 ways.....We can decide on the morning to go to the midway for $30 each. If we have less than 6 we would have to make up the difference of the total of $180 for the midway which is the $30 times 6. So the cost would be $36 each for 5. Post tonight if you CAN NOT make it . I suspect we will end up with the midway because of cost. Naturally if 4 others show up we can then go to the south Tip for $30 each...confused?

flydoc
08-10-2007, 07:23 PM
John- will hit the ATM tonight for some extra cash to cover all of the above options, depending on how many show and with how much they are willing to spend- my only concern is what rod/flies to bring- Atlantis for the Rip, or 9wt for the flats? Guess I'll load both in the truck and we can figure it out in the AM.
Jim

Warren
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
OK, 2011 hrs Friday night, I'll put away the wine bottle & hit the hay. Leaving here at 0330 see you boys at the Admirals Van 0630 or there abouts:D

Guernseybass
08-10-2007, 08:33 PM
have confirmed with Craig (CSJ60) and I'm in too.

see you all at 0630.



Mark.

striblue
08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Ok Mark ...good.... anyone who wants to come down tonight can stay at CAC if they want...Warren will probably not see this but it's only 10 PM now